Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 05:40:12 -0500

529 
FZPN40 PHFO 021040
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC THU SEP 02 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 02 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 03 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 04 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N173E TO 28N170E TO 28N166E. FRONT MOVING E SLOWLY N 
OF 28N...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 180 NM S AND SE OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N177E TO 27N172E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 10N140W TO 09N162W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 
NM OF TROUGH. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 11N140W TO 10N170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 11N140W TO 11N146W TO 09N167W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N178W TO 23N172E NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 09N TO 15N W OF 163E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N164W TO 09N172W TO 06N170E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ. 

$$
.FORECASTER HOUSTON. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.