Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 11:40:13 -0500

960 
FZPN40 PHFO 021640
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC THU SEP 02 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 02 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 03 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 04 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAK FRONT FROM 30N173E TO 28N170E TO 29N167E. FRONT MOVING E 
SLOWLY E OF 170E...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM S AND SE OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 10N140W TO 09N162W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 12N140W TO 12N145W TO 09N154W TO 
10N170W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 11N140W TO 12N146W TO 09N155W TO 
09N163W.

.RIDGE FROM 30N178W TO 23N172E NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 11N TO 15N W OF 164E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N166W TO 05N169E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM 
OF ITCZ. 

$$
.FORECASTER HOUSTON. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.