Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 13:30:12 -0500

199 
ATHW40 PHFO 021830
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC THU SEP 02 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC SEPTEMBER 02 2010

HIGH PRESSURE FAR TO THE NORTH IS PRODUCING TRADE WINDS 
ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC. LOW CLOUDS MOVING ALONG WITH THE TRADES 
ARE MOVING 10 TO 20 MPH TOWARD THE WEST. AN AREA OF BROKEN 
STRATOCUMULUS /SC/ SITS BETWEEN 140W AND 160W FROM 20N TO 30N. WEST 
OF 160W...LOW CLOUD COVERAGE LESSENS AND TRANSITION TO SC AND 
CUMULUS CLOUDS.   

OVER THE ISLANDS...TRADE WINDS ARE BUILDING UP CLOUD COVER OVER THE 
WINDWARD SLOPES AND COASTS OF THE ISLANDS. LEEWARD LOCATIONS 
HAVE MOSTLY CLEAR SKIES. WINDWARD COASTAL WATERS HAVE SCATTERED TO 
BROKEN LOW CLOUDS MOVING ALONG WITH THE TRADES WITH SOME ISOLATED 
SHOWERS EMBEDDED WITHIN THESE CLOUDS. OVER LEEWARD WATERS...SKIES 
ARE MOSTLY CLEAR WITH THE EXCEPTION OF BROKEN CLOUD COVER TO THE LEE 
OF MAUI COUNTY AND THE BIG ISLAND. 

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH EXTENDING FROM 15N 
AND THE DATELINE TO 30N 172W...AND CONTINUES TO THE NORTH. THE REST 
OF THE SUBTROPICAL CENTRAL PACIFIC IS DOMINATED BY AN UPPER LEVEL 
RIDGE. 

FAR SOUTH OF THE STATE...ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS STRETCH ACROSS THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE BETWEEN 5N AND 12N. 

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.