Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 17:45:12 -0500

009 
FZPN40 PHFO 022245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC THU SEP 02 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 02 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 03 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 04 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.RELOCATED WEAK FRONT FROM 30N175E TO 26N170E TO 24N167E. FRONT 
MOVING E SLOWLY E OF 170E...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT W OF 170E...AND WITHIN 
240 NM S AND SE OF FRONT E OF 170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 30N173W TO 25N175E TO 20N165E NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 11N TO 15N W OF 164E.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 10N160W TO 07N180W TO 05N164W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF ITCZ E OF 170W...AND WITHIN 90 NM N 
OF ITCZ W OF 170W. 

$$
.FORECASTER POWELL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.