Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 19:30:15 -0500

400 
ATHW40 PHFO 030030
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC FRI SEP 03 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC SEPTEMBER 03 2010

HIGH PRESSURE FAR TO THE NORTH IS PRODUCING TRADE WINDS 
ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC. LOW CLOUDS MOVING ALONG WITH THE TRADES 
ARE MOVING 10 TO 20 MPH TOWARD THE WEST. AN AREA OF SCATTERED TO 
BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS /SC/ SITS BETWEEN 140W AND 162W FROM 20N TO 
30N. WEST OF 160W...LOW CLOUD COVERAGE LESSENS AND TRANSITION TO SC 
AND CUMULUS CLOUDS. FROM 20N...SOUTH TO 10N...SCATTERED SC AND 
CUMULUS ARE MOVING ALONG WITH THE TRADES. 

OVER THE ISLANDS...TRADE WINDS ARE BUILDING UP CLOUD COVER OVER THE 
WINDWARD SLOPES OF MOST AREAS. LEEWARD AREAS OF THE BIG 
ISLAND...AND THE KAU DISTRICT...HAVE CLOUDY SKIES WITH SEA BREEZES 
MOVING UP THE LOWER MOUNTAIN SLOPES. THE SLOPES OF HALEAKALA HAVE 
MOSTLY CLOUDY SKIES...IN ADDITION TO THE WAIANAE MTS ON OAHU AND THE 
SOUTHWEST SLOPES OF KAUAI. WINDWARD COASTAL WATERS HAVE PARTLY 
CLOUDY SKIES WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS EMBEDDED WITHIN THESE CLOUDS. 
OVER LEEWARD WATERS...SKIES ARE MOSTLY CLEAR WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 
MOSTLY CLOUDY SKIES SOUTHWEST OF THE BIG ISLAND. 

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH EXTENDING FROM 15N 
AND THE DATELINE TO 30N 172W...AND CONTINUES TO THE NORTH. THE REST 
OF THE SUBTROPICAL CENTRAL PACIFIC IS DOMINATED BY AN UPPER LEVEL 
RIDGE. 

FAR SOUTH OF THE STATE...ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS STRETCH ACROSS THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE BETWEEN 5N AND 10N. 

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.