Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 23:46:17 -0500

027 
FZPN40 PHFO 030445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI SEP 03 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 03 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 04 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 05 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAK FRONT FROM 30N176E TO 26N170E TO 23N160E. FRONT MOVING E 
SLOWLY E OF 170E...AND NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT W OF 169E...AND SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE OF FRONT E OF 169E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 30N171W TO 24N174E NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER ENTIRE AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 11N TO 15N W OF 170E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 09N160W TO 09N173W TO 06N170W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF ITCZ E OF 172W...AND WITHIN 90 NM N 
OF ITCZ W OF 172W. 

$$
.FORECASTER POWELL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.