Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 00:22:58 -0500

666 
ATHW40 PHFO 030522
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC FRI SEP 03 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC SEPTEMBER 03 2010

TO THE NORTHWEST...THIN HIGH CLOUD LAYERS ASSOCIATED WITH A FRONT 
LOCATED WELL NORTH OF 30N PARTLY OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES AROUND 
MIDWAY ISLAND.

TO THE SOUTH...LIGHT THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY CONTINUED IN THE ITCZ 
BETWEEN ABOUT 11N AND 07N. LAYERED MIDDLE TO HIGH DEBRIS CLOUDS FROM 
THIS AND EARLIER CONVECTION MOSTLY TO PARTLY OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES 
FROM 14N TO 05N.

OTHERWISE...CLOUD COVER ACROSS HAWAIIAN WATERS CONSISTED MAINLY OF 
MARINE STRATOCUMULI AND CUMULI GATHERING INTO LOOSE CLUMPS OF 
VARIOUS SIZES...THOUGH INDIVIDUAL SMALL CUMULI ALSO WERE COMMON. THE 
LARGEST SEPARATE CLUMP SURROUNDED THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...WHILE 
SEVERAL CLUMPS IN THE CORNER NORTH OF 20N AND EAST OF 150W MERGED 
INTO THE LARGE AREA OF NEARLY SOLID OVERCAST LOCATED FURTHER 
NORTHEAST. RELATIVELY CLEAR AREAS WERE PRESENT TO THE NORTH OF 
FRENCH FRIGATE SHOALS...AND FROM 18N TO THE ITCZ.

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...CLOUD COVER CONSISTED MOSTLY OF 
MARINE STRATOCUMULI AND CUMULI MOVING ASHORE ALONG SLOPES FACING THE 
NORTH THROUGH EAST...THOUGH SOME AREAS USUALLY OBSCURED BY CLOUDS 
REMAINED RELATIVELY CLEAR...AS AROUND UPOLU POINT. LAYERED DEBRIS 
CLOUDS FROM AFTERNOON CUMULUS BUILDUPS INLAND ALSO WERE IMPORTANT 
OVER LEE SLOPES...ESPECIALLY IN NORTH KONA AND SOUTH KONA DISTRICTS 
ON THE BIG ISLAND...AND ALONG LEE SLOPES OF HALEAKALA. AREAS WITH 
THE LEAST CLOUD COVER WERE LIMITED MAINLY TO NIIHAU...SOUTHWEST 
COASTAL KAUAI...THE IMMEDIATE SOUTH COAST OF OAHU...THE WEST TIP OF 
MOLOKAI...NORTHWEST LANAI...THE CENTRAL ISTHMUS OF MAUI...SOUTHEAST 
SLOPES OF HALEAKALA ON MAUI...THE VICINITY OF UPOLU POINT ON THE 
BIG ISLAND...MOST OF SOUTH KOHALA DISTRICT ON THE BIG ISLAND...THE 
SOUTHEAST COAST OF PUNA DISTRICT ON THE BIG ISLAND...AND THE SUMMITS 
OF MAUNA KEA AND MAUNA LOA ON THE BIG ISLAND. THESE CLOUDS GENERALLY 
ROSE TO HEIGHTS OF 6000 TO 9000 FEET. RADAR DATA FROM NEAR THE 
ISLANDS SHOWED ISOLATED SHOWERS AT MOST...THOUGH A FEW ENHANCED 
CONSIDERABLY ALONG NORTHEAST SLOPES OF MAUI COUNTY AND OAHU.

$$

RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.