Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 04:57:43 -0500

487 
FZPN01 KWBC 030957
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FRI SEP 03 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 03. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 04. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 05. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N175E 983 MB MOVING N 10 KT WILL TURN W AFTER 24 HOURS.
BETWEEN 300 NM AND 780 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT.
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 1020 NM OF LOW CENTER EXCEPT N
AND NW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N176E 982 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM
37N180W TO 56N162W TO 62N177W. WITHIN 360 NM E AND NE OF FRONT
FROM 42N TO 53N...AND BETWEEN 360 NM AND 600 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM E AND NE OF
FRONT S OF 56N...WITHIN 240 NM E AND NE OF FRONT N OF 56N...AND
BETWEEN 180 NM AND 840 NM E AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N173E 989 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 720 NM E
AND SE QUADRANTS...AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 600 NM S AND SW
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 51N BETWEEN 121W AND 132W AREA OF N WINDS LESS THAN
25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 50N BETWEEN 123W AND 131W AREA OF N
TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 42N BETWEEN 123W AND 128W AREA OF N
TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO
51N BETWEEN 119W AND 135W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS
TO 11 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA NEAR 40N158E 999 MB. WITHIN 420
NM E AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N169E 1000 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SE
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N
TO 43N W OF 174W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 50N133W TO 56N132W. WITHIN 120 NM E AND NE OF
FRONT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW JUST W OF AREA NEAR 53N162E 984 MB.
WITHIN 420 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 57N173E
ABOVE.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N148W 1009 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE 
QUADRANT...BETWEEN 180 NM AND 600 NM SE QUADRANT...AND BETWEEN
120 NM AND 900 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 15 FT. HIGHEST CONDITIONS NEAR 52N146W.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N OF 46N BETWEEN 
128W AND 135W...AND N OF 43N W OF 163W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 61N BETWEEN 152W AND
170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 41N BETWEEN 147W AND 172E.

.HIGH 36N140W 1023 MB NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.HIGH 44N155W 1030 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N148W 1033 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N143W 1035 MB.

.FORECASTER MILLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FRI SEP 03.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT SEP 04.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN SEP 05.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROPICAL DEPRESSION 10E NEAR 19.7N 109.6W 1001 MB AT 0900 UTC 
SEP 03 MOVING NW OR 305 DEG AT 7 KT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 30 
KT GUSTS 40 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT WITHIN 150 NM S SEMICIRCLE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROPICAL DEPRESSION 10E NEAR 20.5N 112.1W. 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 30 KT GUSTS 40 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT WITHIN 
180 NM SW SEMICIRCLE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST POST-TROPICAL REMNANT LOW NEAR 21.1N 115.7W. 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 25 KT GUSTS 35 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.72 HOUR FORECAST POST-TROPICAL REMNANT LOW NEAR 21.0N 119.0W. 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 20 KT GUSTS 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 18N BETWEEN 93W AND 113W SW TO W WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT IN SW SWELL. FROM 08N TO 12N BETWEEN 
113W AND 129W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL. 
S OF 08N BETWEEN 113W AND 133W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT 
IN SW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 15N BETWEEN 93W AND 112W 
SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN SW SWELL. FROM 09N 
TO 11N BETWEEN 112W AND 127W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 09N E OF 127W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 17N BETWEEN 92W AND 120W SW TO W 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 09N E 
OF 113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC FRI SEP 03...

.TROPICAL DEPRESSION 10E...SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 
120 NM OF CENTER. 

.SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG FROM 13N TO 16N BETWEEN 92W AND 
100W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 
FROM 10N88W TO 08N101W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...14N110W TO 10N120W TO 10N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM S OF AXIS FROM 110W TO 124W.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.