Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 07:08:23 -0500

276 
ATHW40 PHFO 031208
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC FRI SEP 03 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC SEPTEMBER 03 2010

TO THE SOUTH...LIGHT TO MODERATE THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY CONTINUED IN 
THE ITCZ BETWEEN ABOUT 12N AND 06N. LAYERED MIDDLE TO HIGH DEBRIS 
CLOUDS FROM THIS AND EARLIER CONVECTION MOSTLY TO PARTLY OBSCURED 
LOWER FEATURES FROM 13N TO 03N.

OTHERWISE...CLOUD COVER ACROSS HAWAIIAN WATERS CONSISTED MAINLY OF 
MARINE STRATOCUMULI AND CUMULI GATHERING INTO LOOSE CLUMPS OF 
VARIOUS SIZES...THOUGH INDIVIDUAL SMALL CUMULI ALSO WERE COMMON. THE 
LARGEST SEPARATE CLUMP WAS LOCATED AROUND AND TO THE WEST THROUGH 
NORTHWEST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...WHILE CLUMPS IN THE CORNER 
NORTH OF 20N AND EAST OF 150W MERGED WITH THE LARGE AREA OF NEARLY 
SOLID OVERCAST PUSHING SOUTHEAST INTO THE AREA. THESE CLOUDS HAD 
INCREASED IN AREAL COVERAGE SUBSTANTIALLY OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. 
THEY GENERALLY MOVED TOWARD THE SOUTHWEST TO WEST AT AROUND 15 MILES 
AN HOUR...AND ROSE TO HEIGHTS OF 6000 TO 9000 FEET.

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...CLOUD COVER CONSISTED MOSTLY OF 
MARINE STRATOCUMULI AND CUMULI MOVING ASHORE ALONG SLOPES FACING THE 
NORTH THROUGH EAST...ESPECIALLY IN ONE LARGE MASS OVER MAUI COUNTY 
AND OAHU. HOWEVER...CLOUD COVER WAS UNUSUALLY LIGHT ALONG THE 
NORTHEAST COAST OF THE BIG ISLAND. LAYERED DEBRIS CLOUDS FROM 
AFTERNOON CUMULUS BUILDUPS INLAND ON THURSDAY HAD DISSIPATED FOR THE 
MOST PART...THOUGH SOME DID LANGUISH STILL IN PLACES...ESPECIALLY 
ALONG LOWER TO MIDDLE WEST SLOPES OF THE BIG ISLAND. THESE CLOUDS 
GENERALLY ROSE TO HEIGHTS OF 7000 TO 9000 FEET.

RADAR DATA FROM NEAR THE ISLANDS SHOWED SCATTERED SHOWERS ALONG THE 
EAST COAST OF KAUAI...ALONG THE NORTH THROUGH NORTHEAST COASTS OF 
OAHU...MOLOKAI...AND MAUI...AND WELL OFFSHORE IN THE LEE WAKE OF THE 
BIG ISLAND. RADAR DATA SHOWED ISOLATED SHOWERS AT MOST ELSEWHERE.

$$

RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.