Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 11:13:27 -0500

411 
FZPN01 KWBC 031613
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC FRI SEP 03 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 03. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 04. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 05. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N173E 982 MB MOVING NE 10 KT THEN TURNING NW AFTER 24 
HOURS. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 53N178W TO 47N173W TO 40N179W TO 
36N170E. OVER FORECAST WATERS FROM 41N TO 48N W OF 173E AND 
WITHIN 480 NM NE AND E OF FRONT N OF 40N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 780 NM OF LOW CENTER EXCEPT N AND 
NW QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 600 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N177E 982 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
63N175W TO 62N170W TO 57N159W TO 36N178W. WITHIN 360 NM E OF 
FRONT FROM 41N TO 54N AND FROM 45N TO 51N BETWEEN 171W AND 176E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 360 NM 
AND 840 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS OF LOW...WITHIN 240 NM NE AND E OF 
FRONT N OF 56N AND WITHIN 480 NM E OF FRONT S OF 56N WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 59N173E 990 MB. CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED WITH LOW 53N171E IN SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 47N BETWEEN 122W AND 130W AREA OF N WINDS LESS THAN 
25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 44N BETWEEN 124W AND 130W AREA OF 
N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 38N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 126W AREA OF 
N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 42N BETWEEN 123W AND 127W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N 
TO 44N BETWEEN 119W AND 134W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N161E 996 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM S AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 34N TO 40N W OF 169E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N176E 990 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND SW FROM 
LOW TO 40N174E TO 30N163E. WITHIN 420 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS AND 
WITHIN 240 NM SE OF FRONT N OF 34N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 
18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...360 NM NE AND SW 
QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 420 NM SE OF FRONT N OF 30N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.COLD FRONT EXTENDS FROM 54N131W TO 50N131W TO 40N140W. WITHIN 
240 NM W OF FRONT N OF 44N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. WITHIN 240 NM OF COAST FROM 
47N TO 55N WINDS NW TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 46N TO 51N E OF 131W AREA OF NW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW JUST W OF AREA NEAR 53N165E 982 MB. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 540 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N171E 990 MB. WITHIN 480 NM E AND 360 NM 
SW AND W QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N146W 1008 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE...FROM 51N TO 56N BETWEEN 135W AND 161W AND WITHIN 
240 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 55N138W TO 46N160W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 15 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 52N147W. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 43N TO 55N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 180W AND FROM 47N TO 51N BETWEEN 180W AND 164E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 60N BETWEEN 151W AND 
175W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 540 NM S OF A LINE FROM 
56N149W TO 51N178E AND OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 57N BETWEEN 
165W AND 157W. 

.HIGH 37N139W 1022 MB NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 44N154W 1031 MB MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N146W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N143W 1035 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANCROFT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC FRI SEP 03.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT SEP 04.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN SEP 05.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

..TROPICAL DEPRESSION TEN-E NEAR 20.0N 110.4W 1000 MB AT 1500 UTC
SEP 03 MOVING WNW OR 295 DEG AT 7 KT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 30 
KT GUSTS 40 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT WITHIN 180 NM S SEMICIRCLE. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROPICAL DEPRESSION TEN-E NEAR 20.6N 113.4W. 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 30 KT GUSTS 40 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT WITHIN 
180 NM SW SEMICIRCLE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST POST-TROPICAL REMNANT LOW NEAR 21.0N 117.2W. 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 25 KT GUSTS 35 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.72 HOUR FORECAST POST-TROPICAL REMNANT LOW NEAR 20.8N 121.4W.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 20 KT GUSTS 25 KT.

.ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 18N BETWEEN 93W AND 113W SW TO W WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN SW SWELL. FROM 08N TO 12N BETWEEN 
113W AND 130W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN SW SWELL. 
S OF 08N BETWEEN 113W AND 135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT 
IN SW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 15N BETWEEN 93W AND 112W 
SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT IN SW SWELL. FROM 09N 
TO 11N BETWEEN 112W AND 127W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 09N BETWEEN 92W AND 126W...AND S OF 05N 
BETWEEN 82W AND 88W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 17N BETWEEN 92W AND 110W SW TO W 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL. FROM 09N TO 12N 
BETWEEN 110 AND 118W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
WITH SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 09N BETWEEN 82W AND 113W EXCEPT N 
OF THE GALAPAGOS ISLANDS WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
SW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC FRI SEP 03...

.TROPICAL DEPRESSION 10E...NUMEROUS MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 
120 NM W SEMICIRCLE OF CENTER. 

.NUMEROUS MODERATE TO SCATTERED STRONG FROM 13N TO 16N BETWEEN 
92W AND 97W INCLUDING THE GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...08N78W TO 14N94W TO 12N110W TO 
11N125W TO 11N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 180 NM S OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 97W AND 102W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 
60 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS BETWEEN 106W AND 120W. 

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.