Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 13:30:43 -0500

286 
ATHW40 PHFO 031830
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC FRI SEP 03 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC SEPTEMBER 03 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH SHARPENING OVER THE 
REGION BETWEEN 200 AND 800 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS. ANOTHER TROUGH IS CENTERED NORTH OF 30N NEAR 168W BUT THE 
TROUGH AXIS STRETCHES SOUTHWESTWARD ACROSS THE FAR NORTHWESTERN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS CONNECTING TO AN UPPER LOW NEAR 21N175W. BETWEEN 
THESE TROUGHS...A SHARP NORTH TO SOUTH ORIENTED UPPER LEVEL RIDGE 
IS POSITIONED ALONG 162W...OR ABOUT 200 MILES WEST OF KAUAI.

DEEP MOISTURE IS GENERALLY LIMITED TO THE SOUTHERN PORTIONS OF THE 
AREA...SOUTH OF 13N...NEAR THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE WHICH 
IS JUST SOUTH OF 10N. INFRARED IMAGERY SHOWS A FEW THUNDERSTORMS 
WITH TOPS ABOVE 40000 FEET NEAR 10N142W AND BETWEEN 160W AND THE 
DATELINE BETWEEN 10N TO 12N. ELSEWHERE ACROSS THE AREA...LOW TOPPED 
STRATOCUMULUS DOMINATES. THE HIGHEST CONCENTRATION OF THESE CLOUDS 
IS NORTH OF 18N BETWEEN 165W AND 140W...AND INCLUDES THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS.  THESE CLOUDS ARE GENERALLY MOVING WEST SOUTHWEST 
AT 10 TO 20 MPH IN THE TRADE WIND FLOW. 

OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...CONSIDERABLE LOW CLOUDS AND 
SCATTERED SHOWERS COVERS KAUAI...THE WATERS SURROUNDING KAUAI AND 
THE WINDWARD SIDES OF OAHU...MOLOKAI AND MAUI. ADDITIONAL LOW CLOUD 
DECKS ARE FOUND BETWEEN 50 AND 100 MILES SOUTHWEST OF THE ALL 
ISLANDS. ELSEWHERE...FEW TO SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ARE SEEN.  THE 
CLOUD TOPS OVER THE STATE ARE ESTIMATED BY SATELLITE TO BE BETWEEN 
8000 AND 10000 FEET...WITH CLOUD MOVEMENT TO THE WEST AT ABOUT 20 
MPH.

$$

BRENCHLEY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.