Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 17:24:59 -0500

041 
FZPN01 KWBC 032224 CCA
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC FRI SEP 03 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 03. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 04. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 05. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 53N175E 982 MB MOVING N 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 56N180W 
TO 52N171W TO 49N170W TO 42N174W TO 37N177E. FROM 43N TO 48N 
BETWEEN 178E AND 168E...FROM 48N TO 55N BETWEEN 159W AND 160W 
AND WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT N OF 42N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 16 FT EXCEPT IN THE BERING SEA 10 FT OR LESS. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS FROM 41N TO 51N W OF 160W AND WITHIN 540 NM NE 
AND E OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N177E 986 MB AND A NEW LOW 61N171W 988 
MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM NEW LOW TO 57N151W TO 50N161W TO 
30N176E. WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT FROM 41N TO 53N WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM E SEMICIRCLE OF 
NEW LOW...FROM 45N TO 53N BETWEEN 152W AND 179E...WITHIN 420 NM 
E OF FRONT N OF 41N AND 240 NM E OF FRONT S OF 41N WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT EXCEPT N OF 56N 9 FT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 64N172W 998 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 132W AREA OF N WINDS LESS THAN 
25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 44N BETWEEN 123W AND 130W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 42N BETWEEN 123W AND 128W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 36N TO 41N BETWEEN 123W AND 127W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N 
TO 43N BETWEEN 120W AND 131W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N165E 996 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S AND 180 NM 
SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 40N177E TO 31N170E WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N179E 990 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND SW FROM 
LOW TO 42N178E TO 30N168E. WITHIN 360 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS AND 
WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT N OF 40N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 
19 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM E AND SE AND 240 NM NE QUADRANTS 
AND WITHIN 420 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST...CORRECTED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST E OF A LINE FROM 47N129W TO 52N133W AREA OF NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 46N TO 51N E OF 131W AREA OF NW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 46N TO 49N E OF 129W AREA OF NW WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N161E 984 MB JUST W OF AREA. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS FROM 45N TO 52N W OF 167E AREA OF W TO SW WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N166E 986 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SW QUADRANT 
AND BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N172E 996 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.36 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N147W 1007 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE 
QUADRANT...FROM 50N TO 56N BETWEEN 138W AND 168W AND WITHIN 240 
NM SE OF A LINE FROM 52N149W TO 44N165W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 15 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 53N151W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N139W 1007 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE AND FROM 46N TO 57N BETWEEN 132W AND 157W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 53N144W.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 131W AND 156W AREA OF 
E TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 43N TO 57N 
BETWEEN 160W AND 175W AND FROM 46N TO 56N BETWEEN 175W AND 167E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 57N BETWEEN 149W AND 
170W AND N OF 54N BETWEEN 160W AND 175W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 53N BETWEEN 150W AND 
177E AND N OF 57N BETWEEN 167W AND 177W.

.HIGH 36N140W 1024 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 44N152W 1032 MB MOVING E 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N146W 1036 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N144W 1035 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANCROFT. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC FRI SEP 03.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT SEP 04.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN SEP 05.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROPICAL DEPRESSION TEN-E NEAR 20.2N 110.9W 1001 MB AT 2100 UTC 
SEP 03 MOVING WNW OR 285 DEG AT 8 KT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 30 
KT GUSTS 40 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT WITHIN 180 NM SE SEMICIRCLE.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROPICAL DEPRESSION TEN-E NEAR 20.7N 114.5W. 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 25 KT GUSTS 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT WITHIN 
180 NM SE SEMICIRCLE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST POST-TROPICAL REMNANT LOW NEAR 20.8N 119.0W. 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 20 KT GUSTS 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT WITHIN 
90 NM SE SEMICIRCLE.
.72 HOUR FORECAST...DISSIPATED.

.LOW PRES NEAR 14.8N94.2W 1006 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES NORTH OF THE AREA.

.ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 18N BETWEEN 93W AND 114W SW TO W WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN SW SWELL. FROM 08N TO 12N BETWEEN 
114W AND 130W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN SW SWELL. 
S OF 08N BETWEEN 113W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT 
IN SE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST ELSEWHERE FROM 09N TO 15N BETWEEN 93W AND 110W 
SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT IN SW SWELL. FROM 09N TO 
11N BETWEEN 112W AND 125W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SW 
SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 09N BETWEEN 92W AND 125W...AND S OF 06N 
BETWEEN 82W AND 88W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SE TO 
S SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 15N BETWEEN 108W AND 116W SW TO W 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 
17N BETWEEN 86W AND 108W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN 
SW SWELL. S OF 07N BETWEEN 93W AND 115W AND S OF 07N BETWEEN 81W 
AND 89W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SE TO S SWELL. 

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC FRI SEP 03...

.TROPICAL DEPRESSION 10E NEAR 20.1N110.7W...SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 150 NM W SEMICIRCLE. 

.LOW PRES NEAR 14.8N94.2W...NUMEROUS MODERATE SCATTERED STRONG 
WITHIN 240 NM SW SEMICIRCLE. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE. 

.SCATTERED MODERATE FROM 10N TO 16N BETWEEN 97W AND 102W.

.SCATTERED MODERATE N OF 08N BETWEEN 83W AND 90W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...14N103W TO 10N120W TO 10N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 180 NM S OF AXIS AND 60 NM N OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 106W AND 121W. 

$$

.FORECASTER AL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.