Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 04:36:26 -0500

089 
FZPN01 KWBC 040936
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SAT SEP 04 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SEP 04. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 05. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SEP 06. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N176E 983 MB MOVING N 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 58N170W TO 53N162W TO 45N167W TO 38N177W. WITHIN 360 
NM E OF FRONT FROM 43N TO 55N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT 
EXCEPT IN THE BERING SEA 10 FT OR LESS. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 41N TO 51N W OF 160W AND WITHIN 480 NM E AND NE OF 
FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 61N179E 993 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S 
AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND NEAR 65N176E 996 MB. CONDITIONS NW 
OF AREA. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 30N TO 45N BETWEEN 124W AND 132W AREA OF N WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 43N BETWEEN 123W AND 128W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 35N TO 42N BETWEEN 123W AND 128W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N 
TO 43N BETWEEN 120W AND 131W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N163E 999 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N174E 996 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
660 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N177W 993 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SE AND 360 
NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 780 NM SE AND 480 NM NE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N165E 985 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N168E 991 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N177E 998 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N148W 1005 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM OF CENTER WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N140W 1005 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 61N170W 992 MB. WITHIN 780 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST E OF A LINE FROM 47N129W TO 52N133W AREA OF NW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 44N TO 49N E OF 129W AREA OF NW WINDS 
LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 43N TO 59N 
BETWEEN 154W AND 169E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 57N BETWEEN 148W AND 
165W AND N OF 42N BETWEEN 165W AND 172E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 57N BETWEEN 150W AND 
175E AND N OF 57N BETWEEN 167W AND 172W. 

.HIGH 45N149W 1033 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N144W 1036 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N147W 1035 MB. 

.FORECASTER SCOVIL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SAT SEP 04.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN SEP 05.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON SEP 06.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROPICAL DEPRESSION 10E NEAR 21.5N 111.3W 1005 MB AT 0900 UTC 
SEP 04 MOVING NW OR 305 DEG AT 7 KT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 25 
KT GUSTS 35 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST POST-TROPICAL REMNANT LOW NEAR 22.6N 114.4W. 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 20 KT GUSTS 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST ...DISSIPATED.

.TROPICAL DEPRESSION 11E NEAR 16.4N 95.4W 1004 MB AT 0900 UTC 
SEP 04 MOVING NW OR 325 DEG AT 8 KT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS 30 
KT GUSTS 40 KT.  SEAS TO 12 FT WITHIN 180 NM S SEMICIRCLE.
.12 HOUR FORECAST INLAND NEAR 17.2N 95.7W. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED 
WINDS 25 KT GUSTS 35 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST ...DISSIPATED.

.ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 18N BETWEEN 91W AND 128W SW TO W WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN SW SWELL. FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 
119W AND 130W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 18N BETWEEN 90W AND 126W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 16N E OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN S TO SW SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SAT SEP 04...

.TROPICAL DEPRESSION 10E...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 240 NM W 
QUADRANT. 

.TROPICAL DEPRESSION 11E...SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 
120 NM OF MEXICAN COAST FROM 95W TO 103W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...14N103W TO 10N130W TO 11N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS FROM 121W TO 126W. 

$$

.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.