Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 07:13:10 -0500

762 
ATHW40 PHFO 041213
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC SAT SEP 04 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC SEPTEMBER 04 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGES SHOWED A BROAD AREA OF LOW PRESSURE IN THE UPPER 
ATMOSPHERE CENTERED NEAR 24N 175W. THIN LAYERED HIGH CLOUDS 
ASSOCIATED WITH THIS FEATURE PARTLY OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES WITHIN 
ABOUT 120 MILES OF THE CENTER.

TO THE SOUTH...LIGHT THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY CONTINUED IN THE ITCZ 
BETWEEN ABOUT 13N AND 08N. LAYERED MIDDLE TO HIGH DEBRIS CLOUDS FROM 
THIS AND EARLIER CONVECTION PARTLY TO MOSTLY OBSCURED LOWER FEATURES 
FROM 16N TO 02N.

THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY PERSISTED NEAR THE POINT 11N 143W...OR ABOUT 
1000 MILES SOUTHEAST OF HILO...HAWAII. THIS FEATURE HAS A LOW 
CHANCE...10 PERCENT...OF DEVELOPING INTO A TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN 
THE NEXT 48 HOURS.

OTHERWISE...CLOUD COVER ACROSS HAWAIIAN WATERS CONSISTED MAINLY OF 
MARINE STRATOCUMULI AND CUMULI GATHERING INTO LOOSE CLUMPS OF 
VARIOUS SIZES...THOUGH INDIVIDUAL SMALL CUMULI ALSO WERE COMMON. THE 
GREATEST AREAL COVERAGE OCCURRED WITHIN THE CURVE FROM 30N 149W TO 
27N 158W TO 30N 166W TO 24N 179W TO 14N 169W TO 17N 160W TO 13N 153W 
TO 18N 146W TO 19N 140W. THESE CLOUDS HAD INCREASED IN AREAL 
COVERAGE OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. THEY GENERALLY MOVED TOWARD THE 
SOUTHWEST TO WEST AT 15 TO 20 MILES AN HOUR...AND ROSE TO HEIGHTS OF 
6000 TO 9000 FEET...THOUGH A FEW TALLER CUMULI APPROACHED 12000 FEET.

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...CLOUD COVER CONSISTED MOSTLY OF 
MARINE STRATOCUMULI AND CUMULI MOVING ASHORE ALONG SLOPES FACING THE 
NORTH THROUGH EAST...ESPECIALLY FROM MOLOKAI TO KAUAI. LAYERED 
DEBRIS CLOUDS FROM AFTERNOON CUMULUS BUILDUPS ON FRIDAY HAD 
DISSIPATED FOR THE MOST PART. THESE CLOUDS GENERALLY ROSE TO HEIGHTS 
OF 6000 TO 9000 FEET.

RADAR DATA FROM NEAR THE ISLANDS SHOWED SCATTERED SHOWERS ALONG AND 
JUST OFFSHORE FROM THE NORTH COASTS OF OAHU AND MOLOKAI...AND WELL 
OFFSHORE TO THE WEST SOUTHWEST IN THE LEE WAKE OF THE BIG ISLAND... 
BUT ISOLATED SHOWERS AT MOST ELSEWHERE.

$$

RYSHKO

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.