Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 11:07:02 -0500

411 
FZPN01 KWBC 041606
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SAT SEP 04 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SEP 04. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 05. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SEP 06. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N177E 986 MB MOVING N 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 57N160W 
TO 49N163W TO 41N171W. WITHIN 420 NM E OF FRONT AREA OF SW WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE BETWEEN 360 NM AND 780 
NM SE QUADRANT AND BETWEEN 420 NM AND 600 NM NE QUADRANT AND 540 
NM E OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT EXCEPT IN THE 
BERING SEA 9 FT OR LESS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 62N178E 994 MB. WITHIN 360 NM 
SE QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED NW OF AREA. CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 36N TO 42N BETWEEN 125W AND 127W AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N TO 42N BETWEEN 122W AND 129W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 31N 
TO 43N BETWEEN 120W AND 132W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 42N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N 
TO 44N BETWEEN 120W AND 131W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 39N163E 997 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N177E 988 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 300 NM 
E AND SE QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT AND 420 NM E OF A LINE FROM 
49N178E TO 41N177E TO 34N172E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N179W 982 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
54N165W TO 45N174W TO 37N179W. WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE QUADRANTS 
AND 180 NM E OF FRONT S OF 50N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 
FT. FROM 52N TO 62N BETWEEN 164W AND 168E AND WITHIN 240 NM E OF 
FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 53N166E 985 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 480 NM S 
QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N171E 995 MB. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 360 NM 
W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
56N175W DESCRIBED IN WARNING SECTION ABOVE. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N145W 1003 MB. WITHIN 120 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE...360 NM SE...480 NM SW AND 720 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT...EXCEPT OVER THE BERING SEA LESS 
THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N137W 1011 MB. FROM 47N TO 59N BETWEEN 
132W AND 150W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 64N170W 998 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS MOVE N OF AREA. 

.FROM 46N TO 50N BETWEEN 125W AND 129W AREA OF NW WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 45N TO 50N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W AREA OF 
NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 60N 
BETWEEN 150W AND 170W AND FROM 47N TO 61N BETWEEN 170W AND 169E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 176E TO 146W BETWEEN 55N AND A 
LINE FROM 41N176E TO 43N162W TO 53N147W AND N OF 57N BETWEEN 
171W AND 179W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 43N TO 59N BETWEEN 150W AND 
171W AND FROM 51N TO 57N BETWEEN 174W AND 172E. 

.HIGH 45N147W 1034 MB MOVING SE 05 KT...WILL TURN SW AFTER 24 
HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 44N144W 1036 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N149W 1035 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SAT SEP 04.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN SEP 05.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON SEP 06.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 10N TO 17N BETWEEN 92W AND 104W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN SW SWELL. FROM 11N TO 13N BETWEEN 104W AND 
115W...AND FROM 08N TO 11N BETWEEN 115W AND 125W SW TO W WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 11N BETWEEN 
90W AND 125W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SE TO S 
SWELL. S OF 05N BETWEEN 82W AND 88W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN S SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 13N BETWEEN 110W AND 115W SW TO W 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL. S OF 17N BETWEEN 82W AND 
110W EXCEPT N OF THE GALAPAGOS ISLANDS WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SE TO S SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS N OF 11N BETWEEN 
92W AND 97W. ELSEWHERE S OF 13N BETWEEN 110W AND 123W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY SE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 13N BETWEEN 105W AND 112W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN SE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 10N 
TO 17N BETWEEN 92W AND 114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT 
IN SE SWELL. FROM 03N TO 10N BETWEEN 82W AND 88W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN S SWELL.

.FROM 05N TO 10N W OF 135W SE TO S WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
SE TO S SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11.5N140W 1010 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 120 NM S AND 90 NM N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN PRIMARILY S SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 13.0N 137.5W 1009 MB. WITHIN 150 NM 
SE AND 90 NM NW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
PRIMARILY S SWELL. 

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC SAT SEP 04...

.SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 110-130 NM OF THE COAST OF 
MEXICO FROM 15N TO 23N.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...07N78W TO 08N85W TO 13N88W 
THEN RESUMES AT 13N108W TO 10N125W TO 11N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 90 NM S OF AXIS E OF 80W. 
SIMILAR CONVECTION IS WITHIN 100 NM OF THE COAST OF COLOMBIA 
FROM 03N TO 05N. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 80 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF AXIS W OF 137W.

$$

.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.