Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 13:18:03 -0500

064 
ATHW40 PHFO 041817
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SAT SEP 04 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC SEPTEMBER 04 2010

BROAD HIGH PRESSURE CENTERED FAR NORTH NORTHEAST OF THE AREA IS 
PRODUCING LOW LEVEL TRADE WINDS ACROSS REGION...WHILE A WEAK...BUT 
COMPLEX...PATTERN ALOFT IS FOUND OVER THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC.

A MIX OF SCATTERED TO LOCALLY BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS AND 
SHOWER-BEARING CUMULUS CLOUDS IS FOUND NEAR THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS AND ACROSS WATERS EAST TO 140W AND NORTH TO 30N. INDIVIDUAL 
LOW CLOUD MOTIONS NEAR THE STATE ARE FROM THE EAST NORTHEAST AT 15 
TO NEARLY 20 MPH.

LOW CLOUD COVERAGE IS FOLLOWING A TYPICAL TRADE-WIND PATTERN OVER 
THE ISLANDS THIS MORNING. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVER THE LOWER SLOPES 
OF THE PUNA...NORTH AND SOUTH HILO DISTRICTS...THE WAIPIO VALLEY 
VICINITY OF THE BIG ISLAND AND WATERS FOR ABOUT 175 MILES TO THE 
EAST NORTHEAST. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE LIMITED TO THE WINDWARD SLOPES 
OF THE REST OF THE STATE.

SUBSIDENCE ALOFT SEEN IN WATER VAPOR IMAGERY IS PRODUCING RATHER 
STABLE CONDITIONS OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...WHILE A NEARLY 
STATIONARY UPPER LEVEL TROUGH SEVERAL HUNDRED MILES TO THE NORTHWEST 
IS CREATING SLIGHTLY UNSTABLE CONDITIONS SOUTH OF MIDWAY ATOLL. 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS RISE AS HIGH AS 38 KFT DIRECTLY UNDER AN 
UPPER LEVEL LOW EMBEDDED IN THE UPPER TROUGH NEAR 24N176W.

TO THE SOUTH OF THE STATE...TWO SEPARATE PORTIONS OF THE ITCZ 
CONTAIN ACTIVE CONVECTION NORTH OF 10N. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS RISE 
AS HIGH AS 50 KFT SOUTH OF 12N IN THE AREA EAST OF 148W AND IN THE 
AREA WEST OF 176W.

$$

DWROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.