Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 16:49:27 -0500

150 
FZPN01 KWBC 042149
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SAT SEP 04 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 04. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 05. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 06. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW INLAND 59N158W 1002 MB MOVING E 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 
LOW TO 50N161W TO 43N168W. WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
54N152W TO 51N157W TO 46N163W AREA OF S TO SW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM E OF FRONT...EXCEPT 
480 NM E OF FRONT S OF 49W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N144W 1004 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N136W 1013 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W AND 480 
NM S QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 37N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 127W AREA OF N WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 41N BETWEEN 123W AND 129W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N 
TO 42N BETWEEN 120W AND 138W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 41N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N 
TO 43N BETWEEN 121W AND 132W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N168E 995 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 360 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N179W 998 MB WITH FRONT FROM LOW TO 
44N178W TO 39N180W TO 34N172E. WITHIN 300 NM E QUADRANT AND 300 
NM E OF FRONT N OF 36N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM E OF FRONT...EXCEPT 420 NM E OF FRONT S 
OF 40 N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N177W 980 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
54N165W TO 42N172W. WITHIN 360 NM SE SEMICIRCLE AND 240 NM E OF 
FRONT N OF 45N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 420 NM S AND SE SEMICIRCLES AND 300 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 61N177W 986 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 540 NM E 
QUADRANT AND FROM 45N TO 53N BETWEEN 163W AND 180W WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT...EXCEPT OVER THE BERING SEA 9 FT OR LESS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 62N179E 995 MB. WITHIN 300 NM 
SE QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED INLAND NW OF AREA. CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

.LOW 52N166E 986 MB NEARLY STATIONARY WILL MOVE SE 10 KT. 
BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N173E 995 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 420 NM 
SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
59N177W DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.FROM 47N TO 52N BETWEEN 125W AND 135W AREA OF NW WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 45N TO 49N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W AREA OF 
NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 43N TO 61N 
BETWEEN 149W AND 171E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 42N TO 57N BETWEEN 149W AND 
175E AND N OF 59N BETWEEN 168W AND 176W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 44N TO 57N BETWEEN 150W AND 
172W...FROM 52N TO 59N BETWEEN 177W AND 178E AND N OF 63N 
BETWEEN 167W AND 171W. 

.HIGH 44N147W 1036 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N151W 1035 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SAT SEP 04.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN SEP 05.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON SEP 06.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 10N TO 17N BETWEEN 94W AND 104W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN SW SWELL. FROM 08N TO 13N BETWEEN 104W AND 
122W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
S OF 09N BETWEEN 93W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 
FT IN SE TO S SWELL. S OF 06N BETWEEN 81W AND 88W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN S SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 15N TO 19N BETWEEN 101W AND 106W SW TO W 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL. S OF 17N BETWEEN 82W AND 
110W EXCEPT N OF THE GALAPAGOS ISLANDS WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SE TO S SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS N OF 11N BETWEEN 
92W AND 97W. ELSEWHERE S OF 14N BETWEEN 110W AND 121W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY SE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 13N BETWEEN 103W AND 111W SW TO W 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN SE SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 10N TO 18N BETWEEN 93W AND 111W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN SE SWELL. FROM 04N TO 09N BETWEEN 82W AND 88W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN S SWELL.

.LOW PRES W OF AREA. FROM 07N TO 14N W OF 132W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 10 FT IN SE TO S SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 12N139W 1010 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 120 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
PRIMARILY SE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 13.5N 137W 1009 MB. WITHIN 150 NM OF 
CENTER WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN PRIMARILY S SWELL. 

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SAT SEP 04...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...07N78W TO 08N90W THEN RESUMES 
AT 13N110W TO 10N120W TO 11N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE CONVECTION 
IS WITHIN 90N OF AXIS E OF 90W. SIMILAR CONVECTION IS OFF THE 
COAST OF COLOMBIA S OF 06N E OF 81W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
CONVECTION IS FROM 10N TO 12N BETWEEN 122W AND 124W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE CONVECTION IS FROM 09N TO 13N W OF 137W.

$$

.FORECASTER AL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.