Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 19:21:39 -0500

261 
ATHW40 PHFO 050021
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SUN SEP 05 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC SEPTEMBER 05 2010

BROAD HIGH PRESSURE CENTERED FAR NORTH NORTHEAST OF THE AREA IS 
GENERATING LOW LEVEL TRADE WINDS ACROSS REGION...WHILE A WEAK...BUT 
COMPLEX...PATTERN ALOFT IS FOUND OVER THE CENTRAL NORTH PACIFIC.

A VAST FIELD OF SCATTERED TO LOCALLY BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS CLOUDS AND 
SHOWER-BEARING CUMULUS CLOUDS IS FOUND NEAR THE MAIN HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS AND ACROSS WATERS EAST TO 140W AND NORTH TO 30N. INDIVIDUAL 
LOW CLOUD MOTIONS NEAR THE STATE ARE FROM THE EAST NORTHEAST AT 17 
TO 23 MPH.

LOW CLOUD COVERAGE IS FOLLOWING A TYPICAL TRADE-WIND PATTERN OVER 
THE ISLANDS THIS AFTERNOON...WITH A GREATER AMOUNT OF LOW CLOUDS 
OBSERVED OVER AND EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND. AS A RESULT...BROKEN LOW 
CLOUDS COVER WINDWARD SLOPES OF THE BIG ISLAND FROM VOLCANO TO UPOLU 
POINT. DAY TIME SEA BREEZES HAVE LED TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS OVER NEARLY ALL LEEWARD SLOPES AS WELL AS 
WINDWARD KAU. PATCHES OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE CONFINED TO WINDWARD 
SLOPES ON THE SMALLER ISLANDS...WHILE ADJACENT WATERS ARE DOMINATED 
BY ONLY SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS. FEW TO SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND 
OVER LEEWARD AREAS...ALTHOUGH A SMALL AREA OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 
COVERS THE LEEWARD SLOPES OF HALEAKALA ON MAUI.

SUBSIDENCE ALOFT SEEN IN WATER VAPOR IMAGERY IS PRODUCING RATHER 
STABLE CONDITIONS OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...WHILE A NEARLY 
STATIONARY UPPER LEVEL TROUGH SITS 750 MILES TO THE NORTHWEST OF 
KAUAI. AN UPPER LEVEL LOW EMBEDDED IN THE UPPER TROUGH NEAR 24N178W 
IS TRAVELLING TO THE WEST AROUND 15 MPH. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
PRESENT UNDER THE UPPER LOW THIS MORNING HAVE DISSIPATED...LEAVING 
TOWERING CUMULUS CELLS WHICH RISE AS HIGH AS 26 KFT.

TO THE SOUTH OF THE STATE...TWO SEPARATE PORTIONS OF THE ITCZ 
CONTAIN ACTIVE CONVECTION NORTH OF 10N. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS RISE 
AS HIGH AS 50 KFT SOUTH OF 13N IN THE AREA EAST OF 148W AND IN THE 
AREA WEST OF 177W.

$$

DWROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.