Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 22:40:16 -0500

669 
FZPN01 KWBC 050340
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SUN SEP 05 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SEP 05. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 06. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SEP 07. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 41N171E 995 MB MOVING NE 35 KT. WITHIN 360 NM E...660 NM 
SE...AND 540 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N180W 987 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 48N173W TO 41N177W TO 36N176E. WITHIN 360 NM NE AND 
600 NM SE QUADRANTS...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N177W 979 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
54N164W TO 49N165W TO 44N168W. WITHIN 420 NM SE SEMICIRCLE AND 
240 NM E AND NE OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N152W 1007 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
40N170W. WITHIN 420 NM E OF FRONT S OF 55N...EXCEPT 300 NM E OF 
FRONT S OF 48W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 48N TO 54N BETWEEN FRONT AND 175W AREA OF SW WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N144W 1004 MB. WITHIN 720 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. FROM 48N TO 53N BETWEEN 132W AND 
140W AREA OF NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 36N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W AREA OF N WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 43N BETWEEN 123W AND 129W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW JUST NW OF AREA 61N179W 988 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 420 NM E QUADRANT WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF AREA 63N176E 995 MB. ASSOCIATED 
CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 51N168E 988 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 480 NM SE AND 720 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED. FROM 41N TO 48N BETWEEN 180W AND 
165E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 61N177W DESCRIBED 
IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE.

.FROM 46N TO 50N E OF 129W AREA OF NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 46N157E 1002 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 40N TO 48N W OF 164E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N OF 40N BETWEEN 
147W AND 172E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 42N BETWEEN 149W AND 173E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 44N TO 58N BETWEEN 149W AND 
171W.

.HIGH 44N144W 1036 MB MOVING SW 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N148W 1034 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N153W 1032 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N175E 1021 MB.

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SUN SEP 05.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON SEP 06.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE SEP 07.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.N OF 14N BETWEEN 97W AND 104W SW TO W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 19N BETWEEN 81W AND 113W 
EXCEPT N OF GALAPAGOS ISLANDS WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 
FT IN SOUTHERLY SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 17N BETWEEN 89W AND 112W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SOUTHERLY SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 
10N BETWEEN 81W AND 112W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
PRIMARILY SE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 14N BETWEEN 102W AND 112W SW TO W 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT PRIMARILY IN SE SWELL. 

.LOW PRES W OF AREA. FROM 08N TO 14N W OF 135W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 10 FT IN MIXED SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 11N139W 1010 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 120 NM E SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED 
SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW PRES 14.5N136W 1009 MB. WITHIN 150 NM OF 
CENTER WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED SWELL. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 26N W OF 118W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT IN N TO NE SWELL. 

REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0245 UTC SUN SEP 05...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...10N86W TO 09N91W THEN RESUMES 
AT 14N103W TO 12.5N112W TO 08.5N126W TO 11.5N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 NM N AND 90 NM S OF AXIS E OF 
91W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 150 NM N AND 90 NM S OF AXIS W OF 
135W. SCATTERED MODERATE IS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE COAST OF 
COLOMBIA.

$$

.FORECASTER AL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.