Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 00:38:25 -0500

093 
ATHW40 PHFO 050538
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC SUN SEP 05 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC SEPTEMBER 05 2010

CLOUD COVER ACROSS THE ISLANDS IS HEAVIEST ACROSS THE BIG ISLAND AND 
ADJACENT WINDWARD WATERS THIS EVENING. OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER ALL 
WINDWARD BIG ISLAND SLOPES WHILE BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER 
KONA SLOPES FROM MILOLII TO KAILUA-KONA. KAU ALSO HAS BROKEN LOW 
CLOUDS. IN CONTRAST...KAUAI HAS SCATTERED TO PATCHY BROKEN LOW 
CLOUDS ONLY ACROSS MAUKA AREAS. OAHU HAS BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ACROSS 
THE KOOLAU SUMMITS AND WINDWARD SLOPES. THE EASTERN TIP OF MOLOKAI 
HAS BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WHILE LANAI APPEARS TO HAVE SCATTERED LOW 
CLOUDS. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER THE WINDWARD HALEAKALA 
SLOPES AND WINDWARD WEST SLOPES ON MAUI. SATELLITE LOOP SHOWS LOW 
CLOUDS MOVING ACROSS HAWAIIAN WATERS GENERALLY TOWARD THE WEST 
SOUTHWEST AT ABOUT 20 MPH. 

WATER VAPOR LOOP...SHOWING FEATURES ABOVE ABOUT 24000 FEET...SHOWS 
AN UPPER LOW NEAR 31N164W...ABOUT 675 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. AN AREA OF BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS FROM 34N163W TO 
27N157W TO 29N164W LIES ALONG THE EASTERN FLANK OF THIS UPPER LOW. 
THIS FEATURE APPEARS TO BE DRIFTING TOWARD THE SOUTH SLOWLY. ANOTHER 
UPPER LOW IS NOTED NEAR 34N145W...MOVING TOWARD THE SOUTHWEST AT 15 
MPH.

A 250 TO 350 MILE WIDE BAND OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS LIES NORTH 
AND WEST OF A LINE FROM 50N153W TO 44N160W TO 37N170W. THESE CLOUDS 
JOIN WITH MORE OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WEST OF 175W BETWEEN 36N AND 
51N. THE BAND OF LOW CLOUDS IS ASSOCIATED WITH A FRONTAL BOUNDARY 
WHILE THE LAYERED CLOUDS WEST OF 175W MARKS THE EASTERN FLANK OF A 
LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM STILL WEST OF THE DATELINE. 

THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE IS MARKED BY SCATTERED 
CUMULONIMBUS...CB...AND OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS EAST OF 150W 
BETWEEN 08N AND 12N. MORE CB LIE WEST OF 176W BETWEEN 08N AND 13N. A 
RAGGED 120 MILE WIDE BAND OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS LINKS THE TWO CB 
AREAS ALONG AN ARC FROM 07N150W TO 07N160W TO 09N175W. 

$$

POWELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.