Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 07:30:09 -0500

300 
ATHW40 PHFO 051230
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC SUN SEP 05 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC SEPTEMBER 05 2010

CLOUD COVER ACROSS THE SMALLER ISLANDS HAS INCREASED SLIGHTLY SINCE 
LAST EVENING...WHILE CLOUD COVER ACROSS THE LEEWARD SIDE OF THE BIG 
ISLAND HAS DECREASED. KAUAI NOW HAS BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS 
ACROSS ITS EASTERN THIRD. OAHU IS UNCHANGED...WITH BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 
ACROSS THE KOOLAU SUMMITS AND WINDWARD SLOPES. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 
HAVE SPREAD WESTWARD ACROSS MOLOKAI...NOW COVERING ALMOST ALL OF 
THAT ISLAND. LOW CLOUDS SLOUGHING OFF OF WEST MAUI HAS LANAI SKIES 
ALMOST COMPLETELY COVERED AS WELL. WINDWARD HALEAKALA SLOPES AND 
WINDWARD WEST SLOPES ON MAUI HAVE BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS. 
OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS COVER ALL WINDWARD BIG ISLAND SLOPES...BUT KAU 
SLOPES HAVE ALMOST CLEARED. KONA SHORES AND SLOPES RETAINS BROKEN 
LOW CLOUDS FROM MILOLII TO CAPTAIN COOK. SATELLITE LOOP SHOWS LOW 
CLOUDS MOVING ACROSS HAWAIIAN WATERS GENERALLY TOWARD THE WEST 
SOUTHWEST AT ABOUT 20 MPH. 

WATER VAPOR LOOP...SHOWING FEATURES ABOVE ABOUT 24000 FEET...SHOWS 
AN UPPER LOW NEAR 31N164W...ABOUT 630 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. AN AREA OF BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS FROM 33N165W TO 
30N158W TO 28N164W LIES ALONG THE EASTERN FLANK OF THIS UPPER LOW. 
THIS FEATURE APPEARS TO BE DRIFTING TOWARD THE SOUTH SLOWLY. ANOTHER 
UPPER LOW IS NOTED NEAR 34N145W...MOVING TOWARD THE SOUTHWEST SLOWLY.

A 200 TO 250 MILE WIDE BAND OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS LIES NORTH 
AND WEST OF A LINE FROM 50N147W TO 43N160W TO 37N170W. THESE CLOUDS 
JOIN WITH MORE OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS WEST OF 170W BETWEEN 36N AND 
55N. THE BAND OF LOW CLOUDS HAS NARROWED SINCE LAST EVENING AND IS 
ASSOCIATED WITH A FRONTAL BOUNDARY WHILE THE LAYERED CLOUDS WEST OF 
170W MARKS THE EASTERN FLANK OF A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM STILL JUST 
WEST OF THE DATELINE. 

THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE IS MARKED BY ISOLATED 
CUMULONIMBUS...CB...AND BROKEN TO OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS EAST OF 
152W BETWEEN 07N AND 12N. MORE CB LIE WEST OF 176W BETWEEN 08N AND 
13N. A RAGGED 120 MILE WIDE BAND OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS LINKS THE TWO 
CB AREAS ALONG AN ARC FROM 08N152W TO 07N157W TO 09N176W. 

$$

POWELL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.