Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 13:16:48 -0500

301 
ATHW40 PHFO 051816
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SUN SEP 05 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC SEPTEMBER 05 2010

BROAD HIGH PRESSURE CENTERED FAR NORTH NORTHEAST OF THE AREA IS 
GENERATING A VAST FIELD OF SCATTERED TO LOCALLY BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS 
CLOUDS AND SHOWER-BEARING CUMULUS CLOUDS IN THE TRADE WIND FLOW 
EXTENDING FROM THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS EAST TO 140W AND NORTH 
BEYOND 30N. NEAR THE ISLANDS...INDIVIDUAL LOW CLOUDS ARE TRAVELLING 
FROM THE EAST NORTHEAST AT 15 TO 18 MPH...A SLIGHT DECREASE IN SPEED 
SINCE YESTERDAY.

LOW CLOUD COVERAGE OVER THE ISLANDS IS FOLLOWING A RATHER TYPICAL 
TRADE-WIND PATTERN THIS MORNING. PATCHES OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE 
BANKED UP ALONG WINDWARD TERRAIN OF ALL ISLANDS. FEW TO SCATTERED 
LOW CLOUDS ARE NOTED ACROSS MOST LEEWARD SECTIONS...THOUGH SMALL 
PATCHES OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE OBSERVED OVER THE WAIANAE COAST ON 
OAHU AND THE KEKAHA VICINITY ON KAUAI.

SUBSIDENCE ALOFT SEEN IN WATER VAPOR IMAGERY IS PRODUCING STABLE 
CONDITIONS OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...WHILE DEEPENING UPPER 
LEVEL TROUGHING IS FOUND SEVERAL HUNDRED MILES TO THE NORTH. THE 
UPPER TROUGH RUNS ALONG THREE UPPER LOWS CENTERED NEAR 24N178W... 
30N165W...AND NORTH OF THE AREA NEAR 34N146W. NARROW STREAKS OF 
BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS ARE FOUND ALONG THE FLANKS OF THE UPPER LOWS 
NEAR 30N AND 24N.

TO THE SOUTHEAST OF THE STATE...A NEARLY WEST TO EAST ORIENTED 
SURFACE TROUGH EMBEDDED WITHIN THE ITCZ IS PRODUCING A PERSISTENT 
AREA OF THUNDERSTORMS NORTH OF 10N. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS RISE AS 
HIGH AS 50 KFT SOUTH OF 14N EAST OF 150W.

$$

DWROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.