Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 16:44:17 -0500

443 
FZPN01 KWBC 052144
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SUN SEP 05 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 05. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 06. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 07. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 51N179E 984 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 46N176W 
TO 39N180W TO 33N170E. FROM 44N TO 54N BETWEEN 170W AND 180W 
WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT...EXCEPT OVER THE BERING SEA 
8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 41N TO 55N BETWEEN 167W AND 178E AND 
WITHIN 420 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N178W 978 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
54N166W TO 42N172W. FROM 51N TO 59N BETWEEN 169W AND 170E WINDS 
35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ALSO WITHIN 300 NM E...480 NM SW 
AND NE AND 720 NM S QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM E OF FRONT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 61N172W 988 MB. WITHIN 480 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
540 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N144W 998 MB WILL MOVE SE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
TO 58N138W TO 54N134W. WITHIN 180 NM SW AND 600 NM S QUADRANTS 
AND 60 NM N OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N135W 1009 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM 
N...420 NM W AND 540 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. FROM 41N TO 51N BETWEEN 128W 
AND 138W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 34N TO 42N BETWEEN 123W AND 130W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 41N BETWEEN 124W AND 130W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 123W AND 130W AREA OF 
N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 130W AND 160W AREA OF E TO NE WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 36N BETWEEN 132W AND 153W AREA OF 
E TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 141W AND 159W AREA OF 
E TO NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.LOW 48N172E 994 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 420 NM 
SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
58N178W DESCRIBED IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.FROM 47N TO 50N BETWEEN 125W AND 180W AREA OF NW WINDS TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE OF A LINE FROM 50N164E 
TO 45N164E TO 43N160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM NW OF A LINE FROM 
41N179E TO 45N158W TO 55N144W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 43N BETWEEN 150W AND 177W...AND 
N OF 50N BETWEEN 177W AND 168E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 45N TO 58N BETWEEN 149W AND 
170W...AND N AND W OF A LINE FROM 64N164W TO 54N177W TO 45N173E 
TO 42N160E. 

.HIGH 42N148W 1037 MB MOVING W 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 42N151W 1035 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 43N155W 1034 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 40N170E 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N177W 1025 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SUN SEP 05.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON SEP 06.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE SEP 07.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.S OF 15N E OF 110W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN S 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 04N TO 11N BETWEEN 82W AND 88W AND FROM 
08N TO 16N BETWEEN 92W AND 115W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 
9 FT IN SE TO S SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 09N TO 13N BETWEEN 102W AND 112W  WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN SE SWELL. 

.LOW PRES W OF AREA.  FROM 10N TO 15N W OF 136W  WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN SE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES 13N136W 1011 MB.  WITHIN 90 NM E 
SEMICIRCLE  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN SE SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  LOW PRES 14N134W 1012 MB.  WITHIN 60 NM OF 
CENTER  WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT IN MIXED SE AND SW SWELL. 

. N OF 28N W OF 125W  NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 28N W OF 120W  WINDS NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  N OF 28N FROM 120W TO 130W  N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 11 FT IN N SWELL.  ELSEWHERE N OF 25 W OF 119W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN N SWELL.

REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SUN SEP 05...

.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 60 NM OF 18N105W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...08N78W TO 11N90W THEN RESUMES 
FROM 14N109W TO 10N127W TO 12N137W.  SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG N OF 04N E OF 90W.  ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 45 NM OF 
AXIS FROM 113W TO 122W.

$$

.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.