Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 19:23:03 -0500

669 
ATHW40 PHFO 060022
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC MON SEP 06 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC SEPTEMBER 06 2010

BROAD HIGH PRESSURE CENTERED FAR NORTH NORTHEAST OF THE AREA IS 
GENERATING A VAST FIELD OF SCATTERED TO LOCALLY BROKEN STRATOCUMULUS 
AND SHOWER-BEARING CUMULUS CLOUDS IN THE TRADE WIND FLOW EXTENDING 
FROM THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS EAST TO 140W AND NORTH BEYOND 30N. 
NEAR THE ISLANDS...INDIVIDUAL LOW CLOUDS ARE TRAVELLING FROM THE 
EAST NORTHEAST AT 15 TO 19 MPH...ESSENTIALLY UNCHANGED FROM THIS 
MORNING BUT A SLIGHT DECREASE IN SPEED SINCE YESTERDAY AFTERNOON.

LOW CLOUD COVERAGE OVER THE ISLANDS IS FOLLOWING A RATHER TYPICAL 
TRADE-WIND PATTERN THIS AFTERNOON. CLOUD COVERAGE IS SLIGHTLY 
GREATER OVER WATERS JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND MAUI COMPARED 
TO THE REST OF THE STATE...THOUGH WINDWARD PORTIONS OF ALL ISLANDS 
ARE COVERED WITH BROKEN LOW CLOUDS. AFTERNOON SEA BREEZES HAVE LED 
TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS OVER ALL LEEWARD 
SLOPES OF THE BIG ISLAND AS WELL AS WINDWARD KAU. SEA BREEZES ON THE 
SMALLER ISLANDS HAVE PRODUCED PATCHES OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ALONG 
LEEWARD TERRAIN.

STABLE CONDITIONS PREVAIL OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. HOWEVER... 
DEEPENING UPPER LEVEL TROUGHING SEVERAL HUNDRED MILES NORTH OF THE 
STATE IS LEADING TO A SLOW DECREASE IN THE DEGREE OF SUBSIDENCE OVER 
THE ISLANDS INFERRED FROM WATER VAPOR IMAGERY. THE UPPER TROUGH RUNS 
ALONG THREE UPPER LOWS CENTERED NEAR 24N178W...30N166W...AND NORTH 
OF THE AREA NEAR 33N149W. NARROW STREAKS OF BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS ARE 
FOUND ALONG THE FLANKS OF THE UPPER LOW NEAR 30N...WHILE THE UPPER 
LOW NEAR 24N IS GENERATING A SMALL SHIELD OF BROKEN HIGH CLOUDS 500 
MILES WEST OF KAUAI.

TO THE SOUTHEAST OF THE STATE...A NEARLY STATIONARY SURFACE TROUGH 
IS EMBEDDED WITHIN THE ITCZ ALONG 13N140W AND 10N149W. ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS RISE AS HIGH AS 49 KFT WITHIN 100 MILES OF THE TROUGH.

$$

DWROE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.