Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 00:30:30 -0500

682 
ATHW40 PHFO 060530
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC MON SEP 06 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC SEPTEMBER 06 2010

LIGHT TO MODERATE TRADE WINDS WERE CARRYING A FEW PATCHES AND SMALL 
CLUSTERS OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS INTO THE HAWAIIAN 
ISLANDS.  THESE LOW BASED CLOUDS WERE MOVING TOWARD THE WEST OR 
SLIGHTLY TOWARD THE WEST-SOUTHWEST AROUND 15 MILES AN HOUR.  AT 7 
PM...MOST OF THE CLOUDS WERE SEEN AROUND THE BIG ISLAND AND ALONG 
THE WINDWARD SECTIONS OF MAUI.

AN UPPER LEVEL LOW NEAR 31N 167W WAS MOVING WEST AT 10 TO 15 MILES 
AN HOUR.  A FEW WISPS AND STRANDS OF CIRRUS ENCIRCLED THIS UPPER 
LOW.  ANOTHER UPPER LOW NEAR 23N 178W WAS NEARLY STATIONARY. AN 
UPPER TROUGH EXTENDED DOWN THROUGH 30N 153W TO 27N 156W.  THE TROUGH 
WAS DRIFTING VERY SLOWLY SOUTH WHILE SWINGING SOUTHEASTWARD.  

ALSO IN THE UPPER LEVELS OF THE ATMOSPHERE...A PROTRUSION OF 
SCATTERED TO BROKEN CIRRUS CLOUDS WAS HEADED TOWARD KAUAI FROM THE 
SOUTHWEST. THE 275 MILES WIDE FINGER OF HIGH CLOUDS WAS CENTERED 
FROM 17N 174W TO 21N 164W.  THE HIGH CLOUDS WERE STILL ABOUT 275 
MILES FROM THE GARDEN ISLE.

SOUTHEAST OF THE STATE...A NEARLY STATIONARY SURFACE TROUGH SAT FROM 
ROUGHLY 10N 150W TO 13N 140W WITHIN THE ITCZ.  ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS WERE EMBEDDED WITHIN 100 MILES EITHER SIDE OF THE 
TROUGH.  HIGHEST STORM TOPS WERE NEAR 47000 FEET.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.