Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 05:08:07 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 061030
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/061030Z-070600ZSEP2010//
REF/A/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/060753ZSEP2010//
NARR/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 060600Z, TROPICAL STORM 10W (MALOU) WAS LOCATED NEAR
32.4N 126.3E, APPROXIMATELY 50 NM SOUTH OF CHEJU ISLAND, AND HAD
TRACKED NORTH-NORTHEASTWARD AT 06 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 40 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 50 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPN33 PGTW 060900) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 24.6N 124.4E,
APPROXIMATELY 210 NM WEST-SOUTHWEST OF OKINAWA, JAPAN. ANIMATED
INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS FLARING CONVECTION OVER A
DISORGANIZED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). ENVIRONMENTAL
ANALYSIS INDICATES THE VERTICAL WIND SHEAR HAS DECREASE AS THE
TROPICAL UPPER TROPOSPHERIC TROUGH, PREVIOUSLY DIRECTLY ALOFT, HAS
BEEN MOVING NORTHWARD. ADDITIONALLY, THE SYSTEM IS LOCATED IN AN
AREA OF HIGH SEA SURFACE TEMPERATURES AND DIVERGENCE ALOFT. NEARBY
OBSERVATIONS ARE REPORTING PRESSURES 0F 1005 MB. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. DUE TO THE FAVORABLE UPPER
LEVEL ENVIRONMENT, BUT ONLY A DEVELOPING LLCC, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED AREA IN PARA 1.B.(1) AS POOR AND
UPDATED AREA IN PARA 1.A.(1).//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.