Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 07:30:32 -0500

869 
ATHW40 PHFO 061230
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC MON SEP 06 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC SEPTEMBER 06 2010

PATCHES OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS HAD INCREASED IN 
NUMBER OVERNIGHT AROUND THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS.  THESE LOW CLOUDS WERE 
COMMON FROM 17N TO 30N BETWEEN 150W AND THE DATELINE.  FURTHER 
EAST...THE LOW CLOUDS BECAME MORE NUMEROUS AND MORE STABLE.  TRADE 
WINDS WERE CARRYING THE CLOUDS NEAR THE ISLANDS WEST AROUND 15 MILES 
AN HOUR.  

AN UPPER LEVEL LOW NEAR 31N 169W WAS MOVING WEST NEAR 15 MILES 
AN HOUR.  A FEW ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WERE FORMING NEAR ITS 
CENTER.  AND A FEW WISPY STRANDS OF CIRRUS ENCIRCLED THIS UPPER 
LOW.  ANOTHER UPPER LOW NEAR 23N 179.5E HAD JUST DRIFTED WEST ACROSS 
THE INTERNATIONAL DATELINE.  

SOUTHEAST OF THE TWO UPPER LOWS...THE UPPER WIND FLOW FROM THE 
SOUTHWEST WAS CARRYING A FEW PATCHES OF MOSTLY SCATTERED CIRRUS 
CLOUDS TOWARD KAUAI.  THESE HIGH CLOUDS WERE LOCATED MAINLY FROM 17N 
TO 23N BETWEEN 170W AND 160W.  

YET ANOTHER UPPER LOW WAS NORTH OF THE STATE IN THE VICINITY OF 32N 
151W.  THIS LOW WAS MOVING SOUTHWEST AT 10 TO 15 MILES AN HOUR. ITS 
ASSOCIATED TROUGH AXIS EXTENDED FROM THE LOW TO 26N 154W.  

SOUTHEAST OF THE STATE...A NEARLY STATIONARY SURFACE TROUGH SAT FROM 
ROUGHLY 10N 150W TO 13N 140W WITHIN A NORTHWARD EXTENSION OF THE 
ITCZ.  ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WERE EMBEDDED WITHIN 100 MILES EITHER 
SIDE OF THE ITCZ...CENTERED ALONG A LINE FROM 08N 180E TO 06N 155W 
TO 13N 140W.  EAST OF 140W...THE ITCZ TURNED BACK TOWARD THE 
SOUTHEAST.  THE LARGEST CONCENTRATION OF THUNDERSTORMS WAS ALONG 
THE TROUGH.  HIGHEST STORM TOPS WERE AROUND 47000 FEET.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.