Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 19:41:32 -0500

826 
ATHW40 PHFO 070041
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC TUE SEP 07 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC SEPTEMBER 07 2010

WATER VAPOR CONTINUES TO SHOW THREE UPPER LEVEL LOW PRESSURE CENTERS 
IN OR NEAR THE CENTRAL PACIFIC EARLY THIS AFTERNOON. THE 
EASTERN-MOST UPPER LOW IS ABOUT 800 MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF 
HONOLULU THIS AFTERNOON NEAR 31.8N 152.2W. THE NEXT UPPER LOW TO THE 
WEST IS LOCATED NEAR 29.7N 171.3W...ABOUT 1015 MILES NORTHWEST OF 
HONOLULU. THE WESTERN-MOST UPPER LOW IS NEAR 20.7N 178.9E...ABOUT 
1490 MILES WEST OF HONOLULU. 

LOW CLOUDS NEAR THE ISLANDS CONTINUE TO MOVE IN FROM THE EAST AROUND 
20 MILES AN HOUR.

CLOUDS HAVE INCREASED OVER ALL OF THE ISLANDS OVER THE LAST SIX 
HOURS. SCATTERED CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER ALL OF KAUAI AT 2PM...WITH 
PASSING LOW CLOUDS OVER NIIHAU. ON OAHU...IN ADDITION TO THE CLOUDS 
OVER THE KOOLAU RANGE...ADDITIONAL CLOUDS HAVE FORMED OVER THE 
WAIANAE RANGE. THE CLOUDS OVER THE HALAWA VALLEY ON MOLOKAI HAVE 
EXTENDED TO THE WEST...AND ADDITIONAL CLOUDS ARE FOUND ALONG THE 
SOUTHERN COAST. A FEW MORE CLOUDS HAVE FORMED OVER LANAI SINCE 
DAYBREAK. THE CLOUDS OVER THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS INCREASED SOME 
OVER THE LAST SIX HOURS ON MAUI. CLOUDS INCREASED SIGNIFICANTLY OVER 
ALL THE SLOPES OF HALEAKALA SINCE DAYBREAK. IN ADDITION...THE CLOUDS 
OVER THE WEST FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA EXTEND TO THE SOUTHWEST AND 
ARE MOVING OVER KAHOOLAWE AT 2 PM.

ON THE BIG ISLAND...BROKEN CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER HAMAKUA DISTRICTS. 
SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE NORTH HILO...SOUTH 
HILO...AND PAHOA DISTRICTS. BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND 
OVER THE KAU DISTRICT...WHILE OVERCAST SKIES ARE FOUND OVER THE 
SOUTH KONA DISTRICT AND MOST OF THE NORTH KONA DISTRICT. SCATTERED 
TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE SOUTH KOHALA AND NORTH 
KOHALA DISTRICTS. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.