Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 00:00:13 -0500

362 
ATHW40 PHFO 070500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE SEP 07 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC SEPTEMBER 07 2010

BROKEN TO OVERCAST LOW CLOUDS ARE CONCENTRATED OVER WINDWARD... 
MAUKA...AND UPSLOPE AREAS ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN THIS EARLY 
EVENING.  THIS IS ESPECIALLY THE CASE ON THE BIG ISLAND...WHERE MOST 
SECTIONS BELOW 7500 FEET ARE SEEING LOW CEILINGS.  LEEWARD PORTIONS 
OF THE OTHER ISLES ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY.  LOW 
CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST TO SLIGHTLY NORTH OF EAST AT 15 TO 20 
MPH ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE.

AN AREA OF SHOWERY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS IS UPWIND FROM OAHU...MAUI 
COUNTY...AND THE BIG ISLAND AS OF BULLETIN TIME...AND IS MOVING 
TOWARD THE WEST AND WEST-SOUTHWEST WITH THE PREVAILING TRADE FLOW.  
PLUME CLOUDS ARE GENERATING LOW CEILINGS WEST OF NIIHAU AND 
SOUTHWEST OF OAHU.  LOW CLOUDINESS COLLAPSING OFF THE BIG ISLAND IS 
CAUSING LOWER CEILINGS IMMEDIATELY WEST OF THAT ISLE.  ELSEWHERE 
CONDITIONS ARE CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

AN UPPER LOW IS CENTERED MORE THAN 800 MILES NORTH-NORTHEAST OF 
HONOLULU AND HAS BEEN HEADING WEST NEAR 10 MPH.  ANOTHER UPPER LOW 
IS AROUND 900 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND APPEARS TO BE 
DRIFTING SLOWLY TOWARD THE SOUTH OR SOUTHWEST.  A TROUGH EXTENDS 
TOWARD THE SOUTHWEST FROM THE SECOND LOW THROUGH 23N176W TO 19N178E. 
THE TROUGH HAS BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY.  EACH SYSTEM IS INDUCING 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS IN ITS VICINITY.

SURFACE TROUGHING FAR SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND IS PRODUCING 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS...THOUGH THE ACTIVITY REMAINS 
UNORGANIZED.  MOST OF THE CONVECTION IS CURRENTLY BOUNDED BY 17N141W 
TO 10N133W TO 08N135W TO 07N157W TO 16N146W TO 17N141W.  THE FEATURE 
HAS BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY OVER THE PAST 6 TO 12 HOURS.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.