Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 00:50:06 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 070600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/070600Z-080600ZSEP2010//
REF/A/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/070159ZSEP2010//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 070000Z, TROPICAL STORM 10W (MALOU) WAS LOCATED NEAR
33.9N 128.7E, APPROXIMATELY 65 NM NORTHWEST OF SASEBO, JAPAN, AND
HAD TRACKED NORTHEASTWARD AT 10 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 40 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 50 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPN33 PGTW 070300) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 24.6N
124.4E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 22.3N 123.4E, APPROXIMATELY 130 NM SOUTH-
SOUTHWEST OF ISHIGAKIJIMA, JAPAN. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE
IMAGERY DEPICTS A FULLY-EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC)
WITH DISORGANIZED DEEP CONVECTION SHEARED ABOUT 100 NM SOUTHWEST OF
THE CENTER. OVER THE PAST FEW HOURS, THE LLCC HAS BECOME SLIGHTLY
WEAKER AND CLOUD TOP TEMPERATURES HAVE WARMED. A 070048Z ASCAT IMAGE
AND SURFACE OBSERVATIONS FROM ROIG INDICATE 10-15 KNOT WINDS NEAR
THE CENTER AND SLP NEAR 1005 MB (24-HOUR PRESSURE DECREASE OF 1 MB).
ADDITIONAL OBSERVATIONS INDICATE 15-20 KNOT WINDS ON THE EASTERN
PERIPHERY. UPPER-LEVEL ANALYSIS SHOWS AN UNFAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT
WITH MODERATE (20 KNOTS) NORTHEASTERLY VERTICAL WIND SHEAR. THE
ENVIRONMENT IS NOT EXPECTED TO IMPROVE IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS DUE TO
AN APPROACHING (LARGE) TUTT CELL EVIDENT ON ANIMATED WATER VAPOR
IMAGERY. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20
KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB.
THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE
WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS REMAINS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.