Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 07:00:14 -0500

697 
ATHW40 PHFO 071200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC TUE SEP 07 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC SEPTEMBER 07 2010

AN AREA OF BROKEN SHOWERY LOW CLOUDS HAS BEEN MOVING OVER THE ALOHA 
STATE THIS EARLY MORNING...BRINGING CEILINGS MAINLY TO WINDWARD 
COASTAL...MAUKA...AND WINDWARD UPSLOPE SECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL 
ISLES.  HOWEVER...LEEWARD AREAS OF THE SMALLER ISLANDS ARE SEEING 
BROKEN CLOUDINESS FROM TIME TO TIME AS WELL.  LOW CEILINGS HAVE ALSO 
BEEN OCCASIONALLY AFFECTING COASTAL AND LOWER UPSLOPE PORTIONS OF 
NORTH AND SOUTH KONA ON THE BIG ISLAND.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS FROM 
THE EAST-NORTHEAST AT 15 TO 20 MPH ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN.

CONDITIONS ARE PREDOMINANTLY SCATTERED TO BROKEN IN WATERS 
IMMEDIATELY SURROUNDING THE ISLANDS...INCLUDING THE CHANNELS.  MUCH 
OF THE CLOUDINESS EXISTS FROM THE KAUAI CHANNEL THROUGH THE KAIWI 
CHANNEL TO JUST EAST OF MAUI AND NORTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND.  ON 
THE OTHER HAND...AREAS OF CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY SKIES ARE EVIDENT 
SOUTH OF MAUI...SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST OF OAHU...AND SOUTHEAST 
CLOCKWISE THROUGH NORTH OF KAUAI.

AN UPPER LOW IS APPROXIMATELY 850 MILES NORTH-NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU 
AND HAS BEEN PUSHING WEST NEAR 10 MPH OVER THE PAST 6 TO 12 HOURS.  
ANOTHER UPPER LOW IS ABOUT 900 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND HAS 
BEEN DRIFTING SLOWLY TOWARD THE SOUTH-SOUTHWEST.  A TROUGH STRETCHES 
TO THE SOUTHWEST OF THE SECOND LOW AND HAS BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY.  
EACH FEATURE IS HELPING TO IGNITE ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS IN ITS 
VICINITY.

AN EAST-NORTHEAST TO WEST-SOUTHWEST ORIENTED SURFACE TROUGH REMAINS 
NEARLY STATIONARY FAR SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND.  UNORGANIZED 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH THE SYSTEM.  
MOST OF THE CONVECTION IS CURRENTLY BOUNDED BY 16N142W TO 09N132W TO 
07N135W TO 10N155W TO 15N149W TO 16N142W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.