Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 08:42:09 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 071400
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/071400Z-080600ZSEP2010//
REF/A/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/071353ZSEP2010//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 071200Z, TROPICAL STORM 10W (MALOU) WAS LOCATED NEAR
35.4N 131.9E, APPROXIMATELY 190 NM WEST OF KYOTO, JAPAN, AND HAD
TRACKED EAST-NORTHEASTWARD AT 16 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPN33 PGTW 071500) FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON
THIS SYSTEM.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 24.6N
124.4E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 22.0N 122.5E, APPROXIMATELY 130 NM EAST-
SOUTHEAST OF KAOHSIUNG, TAIWAN. ANIMATED INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY
DEPICTS A PARTIALLY-EXPOSED, WELL-DEFINED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION
CENTER (LLCC) WITH AN AREA OF DEEP CONVECTION PERSISTING OVER THE
SOUTHWEST QUADRANT. A 071009Z SSMIS IMAGE AND TAIWAN RADAR DATA
INDICATE CURVED CONVECTIVE BANDING WRAPPING WEAKLY FROM THE SOUTHERN
TIP OF TAIWAN INTO THE SOUTHWEST QUADRANT. UPPER-LEVEL ANALYSIS
INDICATES AN UNFAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT WITH MODERATE, NORTHERLY
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR ASSOCIATED WITH AN ENCROACHING TUTT CELL.
ANIMATED WATER VAPOR IMAGERY, HOWEVER, INDICATES THAT THE TUTT CELL
HAS WEAKENED AND BECOME BROADER IN THE PAST 06 HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA
LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1004 MB. BASED ON THE WELL-
DEFINED LLCC AND FORMATIVE BANDING, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPDATED PARA. 1.A.(1) TO REFLECT FINAL
WARNING FOR TS 10W AND UPGRADED AREA IN PARA. 1.B.(1) TO FAIR.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.