Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 13:33:40 -0500

959 
ATHW40 PHFO 071833
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC TUE SEP 07 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC SEPTEMBER 07 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LOW SPINNING OVER THE FAR 
NORTHWESTERN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS CENTERED NEAR 27N173W...OR ABOUT 330 
MILES EAST SOUTHEAST OF MIDWAY ATOLL. THIS LOW IS NEARLY STATIONARY 
AND INFRARED IMAGERY SHOWS SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 200 MILES 
EITHER SIDE OF THE LOW CENTER. MAXIMUM CLOUD TOPS ARE ESTIMATED AT 
40000 FEET. ELSEWHERE...AN UPPER JET IS FOUND ALONG THE SOUTH 
THROUGH SOUTHEASTERN SIDE OF THE UPPER LOW...STRETCHING FROM 22N174W 
TO 27N165W...CROSSING ABOUT 400 MILES WEST NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND NEAR THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE JET 
NEAR 18N176W. ANOTHER UPPER TROUGH IS JUST NORTH OF THE AREA NEAR 
33N155W MOVING WEST AT 15 MPH. WITH A WEAK UPPER JET DRAPED ACROSS 
THE NORTHERN PORTION OF THE AREA NORTH 27N BETWEEN 150W AND 158W. 

AN AREA OF SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS IS LOCATED ALONG A SURFACE TROUGH 
ABOUT 900 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND NEAR 13N142W. CLOUD TOPS 
ARE NEAR 50000 FEET IN THIS AREA. ANOTHER AREA OF ISOLATED TO  
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS IS LOCATED ALONG 150W BETWEEN 13N AND 10N 
ALONG A WEAK WESTWARD MOVING TROUGH. 

ELSEWHERE...LOW TOPPED STRATOCUMULUS COVERS THE AREA NORTH OF 18N. 
THE GREATEST CONCENTRATION OF THIS LOW CLOUD DECK IS BETWEEN 800 AND 
OVER 1000 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS AND IN THE 
AREA BETWEEN 200 AND 300 MILES TO THE WEST SOUTHWEST OF THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THESE AREAS OF LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE WEST 
SOUTHWEST AT 10 TO 20 MPH.

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND 
COVERING KAUAI AND ALL SURROUNDING WATERS...WINDWARD OAHU COASTLINE 
WINDWARD SIDE OF THE MOUNTAINS OF MOLOKAI...LANAI AND MAUI...THE 
WINDWARD COASTAL WATERS OF MAUI AND THE BIG ISLAND...AND THE EASTERN 
THIRD OF THE BIG ISLAND BETWEEN HILO AND VOLCANO. SCATTERED LOW 
CLOUDS ARE FOUND ELSEWHERE.  MOVEMENT OF THE CLOUDS IN AREAS FREE OF 
TERRAIN IS TO THE WEST SOUTHWEST AT ABOUT 15 TO 20 MPH.

$$

BRENCHLEY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.