Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 15:16:05 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 072030
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/072030Z-080600ZSEP2010//
REF/A/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/071353ZSEP2010//
REF/B/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/071951ZSEP2010//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING AND
/REF B IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 071200Z, TROPICAL STORM 10W (MALOU) WAS LOCATED NEAR
35.4N 131.9E, APPROXIMATELY 190 NM WEST OF KYOTO, JAPAN, AND HAD
TRACKED EAST-NORTHEASTWARD AT 16 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 35 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 45 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPN33 PGTW 071500) FOR THE FINAL WARNING ON
THIS SYSTEM.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 22.0N
122.2E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 21.8N 121.6E, APPROXIMATELY 105 NM EAST-
SOUTHEAST OF KAOHSIUNG, TAIWAN, AND IS THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL
CYCLONE FORMATION ALERT. SEE REF B (WTPN21 PGTW 072000) FOR MORE
DETAILS. BASED ON THE DYNAMICS AND THE FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED
IN REF B, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO GOOD.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADED AREA IN PARA. 1.B.(1) TO GOOD.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.