Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 19:23:42 -0500

240 
ATHW40 PHFO 080023
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC WED SEP 08 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC SEPTEMBER 08 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LOW SPINNING OVER THE FAR 
NORTHWESTERN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS CENTERED NEAR 27N172W...OR ABOUT 350 
MILES EAST SOUTHEAST OF MIDWAY ATOLL. THIS LOW IS NEARLY STATIONARY 
AND INFRARED IMAGERY SHOWS SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WITHIN 200 MILES 
EITHER SIDE OF THE LOW CENTER. MAXIMUM CLOUD TOPS ARE ESTIMATED AT 
40000 FEET. ELSEWHERE...AN UPPER JET IS FOUND ALONG THE SOUTH 
THROUGH SOUTHEASTERN SIDE OF THE UPPER LOW...STRETCHING FROM 22N174W 
TO 27N165W...CROSSING ABOUT 400 MILES WEST NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND NEAR THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE JET 
NEAR 18N176W. ANOTHER UPPER TROUGH IS JUST NORTH OF THE AREA NEAR 
33N155W MOVING WEST AT 15 MPH. WITH A WEAK UPPER JET DRAPED ACROSS 
THE NORTHERN PORTION OF THE AREA NORTH 27N BETWEEN 150W AND 158W. 

AN AREA OF SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS IS LOCATED ALONG A SURFACE TROUGH 
ABOUT 900 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND NEAR 14N143W. CLOUD TOPS 
ARE NEAR 50000 FEET IN THIS AREA. ANOTHER AREA OF ISOLATED TO  
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS IS LOCATED ALONG 152W BETWEEN 13N AND 10N 
ALONG A WEAKENING WESTWARD MOVING TROUGH. 

ELSEWHERE...LOW TOPPED STRATOCUMULUS COVERS THE AREA NORTH OF 18N. 
THE GREATEST CONCENTRATION OF LOW CLOUDS IS BETWEEN 800 AND OVER 
1000 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THESE AREAS OF 
LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING TO THE WEST SOUTHWEST BETWEEN 10 AND 20 MPH.

ACROSS THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND 
COVERING THE MOUNTAINS AND LEEWARD KAUAI...EXTENDING ACROSS THE 
LEEWARD COASTAL WATERS AND NIIHAU. BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE ALSO OVER 
THE KOOLAU MOUNTAINS AND ALONG THE WAIANAE COAST OF OAHU...THE 
MOUNTAINS OF MOLOKAI AND THE SLOPES SURROUNDING HALEAKALA BELOW 
9000 FEET. THE LOW CLOUDS EXTEND OVER THE LEEWARD MAUI WATERS AND 
KAHOOLAWE. OVER THE BIG ISLAND...LOW CLOUDS COVER THE LEEWARD SIDE 
BELOW 9000 FEET FROM NEAR KAWAIHAE SOUTH PAST KONA TO SOUTH POINT.  
ANOTHER DECK OF LOW CLOUD IS OVER THE KAU DISTRICT WITH SCATTERED 
TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS COVERING THE PUNA AND HILO DISTRICTS BELOW 
8000 FEET.  MOVEMENT OF THE CLOUDS IN AREAS FREE OF TERRAIN IS TO 
THE WEST SOUTHWEST AT ABOUT 15 TO 20 MPH.

$$

BRENCHLEY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.