Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 21:28:28 -0500

140 
ATPQ40 PGUM 080228
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST WED SEP 8 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

EAST OF THE MARIANAS SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW 
APPROACHING WITH AN AREA OF ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS 
BETWEEN 14N AND 19N FROM 150E TO 158E. WELL TO THE WEST OF THE 
MARIANAS A SMALL AREA OF SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ASSOCIATED WITH ANOTHER UPPER-LEVEL LOW IS LOCATED 
BETWEEN 12N AND 22N AND WEST OF 133E. IN THIS SAME GENERAL AREA...AN 
AREA OF CONVECTION CAN BE SEEN OFF THE SOUTHERN TIP OF TAIWAN 
RELATED TO NEWLY FORMED TD 11W...SEE JTWC BULLETIN WTPN31 PGTW FOR 
FURTHER INFORMATION ON THIS SYSTEM.

THE ITCZ EXTENDS ACROSS THE ENTIRE MICRONESIAN REGION TODAY FROM 
130E TO EAST OF THE DATELINE BRINGING WIDELY SCATTERED SHOWERS AND 
SOME POCKETS OF ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS PRIMARILY BETWEEN THE 
LATITUDE BELTS OF 3N AND 9N. STRONGEST AREAS OF ACTIVITY ARE 
CURRENTLY OCCURRING BETWEEN CHUUK AND POHNPEI...150E TO 158E...AND 
IN THE MARSHALLS EAST OF 167E. 

$$

EDSON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.