Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 00:00:12 -0500

605 
ATHW40 PHFO 080500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED SEP 08 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC SEPTEMBER 08 2010

SKIES ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY ACROSS THE ISLAND 
CHAIN THIS EARLY EVENING.  LOW CLOUD CEILINGS ARE MAINLY CONFINED TO 
THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS...THE HALEAKALA SLOPES IN EAST MAUI...AND 
COASTAL SECTIONS AND MOUNTAIN SLOPES IN KAU...KONA...AND SOUTH 
KOHALA ON THE BIG ISLAND.  OCCASIONAL CEILINGS ARE ALSO OCCURRING IN 
WINDWARD COASTAL AND WINDWARD UPSLOPE AREAS OF THE ISLAND OF HAWAII. 
LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST-NORTHEAST AT 15 TO 20 MPH ACROSS 
THE ALOHA STATE.

CLOUDS COLLAPSING OFF THE BIG ISLAND ARE CAUSING LOW CEILINGS SOUTH 
OF THE ISLE...WHILE PLUME CLOUDS ARE SCATTERED TO BROKEN SOUTHWEST 
OF THE ISLAND.  PLUME CLOUDINESS IS ALSO PRODUCING LOW CEILINGS 
SOUTHWEST OF OAHU AND NIIHAU.  CONDITIONS ARE OTHERWISE CLEAR TO 
SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

AN UPPER LOW IS ABOUT 900 MILES NORTH OF HONOLULU AND HAS BEEN 
HEADING TOWARD THE NORTHWEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH OVER THE PAST SIX 
HOURS.  THE FEATURE IS INDUCING ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS FROM 33N TO 
36N BETWEEN 151W AND 160W.  ANOTHER UPPER LOW IS NEARLY STATIONARY 
AROUND 900 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF KAUAI.  THIS SYSTEM IS IGNITING 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS FROM 24N TO 31N BETWEEN 170W AND 
176W.

SURFACE TROUGHING FAR SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND HAS BEEN MOVING 
TOWARD THE SOUTHWEST AT LESS THAN 10 MPH OVER THE PAST SEVERAL 
HOURS.  CONVECTION ASSOCIATED WITH THE FEATURE HAS WEAKENED MARKEDLY 
SINCE EARLIER TODAY.  MUCH OF THE ACTIVITY HAD BEEN OCCURRING WITHIN 
150 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 15N142W TO 12.5N150W TO 
10N154W.  MORE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS HAVE BEEN FIRING ALONG THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST OF HAWAII.  
THIS CONVECTION IS CURRENTLY LOCATED FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 157W 
AND 161W...AND FROM 06N TO 09.5N WEST OF 170W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.