Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 07:00:16 -0500

272 
ATHW40 PHFO 081200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC WED SEP 08 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC SEPTEMBER 08 2010

SKIES ARE CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY OVER MOST OF THE ISLAND CHAIN THIS 
EARLY MORNING.  BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS IS ONLY AFFECTING WINDWARD AND 
MAUKA SECTIONS ON THE INDIVIDUAL ISLES FROM TIME TO TIME.  LOW 
CEILINGS...HOWEVER...ARE EVIDENT IN COASTAL AND LOWER UPSLOPE AREAS
OF NORTH AND SOUTH KONA ON THE BIG ISLAND.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS 
FROM THE EAST-NORTHEAST AT 15 TO 20 MPH ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE.

PATCHY SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS HAVE FORMED NORTHEAST AND EAST 
OF THE BIG ISLAND...AND ARE MOVING TOWARD THE WEST-SOUTHWEST WITH 
THE PREVAILING TRADE FLOW.  PLUME CLOUDINESS IS GENERATING CEILINGS 
WEST AND SOUTHWEST OF THE BIG ISLAND...AND AT SOME DISTANCE SOUTH OF 
OAHU AND KAUAI.  ELSEWHERE CONDITIONS ARE CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE 
ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

AN UPPER LOW IS CENTERED 975 MILES NORTH OF HONOLULU AND HAS BEEN 
PUSHING NORTHWEST NEAR 10 MPH OVER THE PAST SEVEN HOURS.  ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS DIRECTLY ASSOCIATED WITH THE SYSTEM ARE LOCATED FROM 
33N TO 37N BETWEEN 152W AND 160W AS OF BULLETIN TIME.  ANOTHER UPPER 
LOW IS NOW ABOUT 925 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AND HAS DRIFTED 
WEST AT LESS THAN 5 MPH SINCE LAST EVENING.  A MORE CONCENTRATED 
AREA OF THUNDERSTORMS BEING IGNITED BY THIS FEATURE IS FOUND FROM 
23.5N TO 30N BETWEEN 171W AND 176.5W.

SURFACE TROUGHING FAR SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG ISLAND CONTINUES TO MOVE 
SLOWLY TOWARD THE WEST AND SOUTHWEST.  THE TROUGH IS INDUCING 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS IN THE AREA FROM 10N TO 14N 
BETWEEN 141W AND 154W.  ADDITIONAL AREAS OF CONVECTION...ASSOCIATED 
WITH THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...ARE LOCATED FROM 06N TO 
11N BETWEEN 155W AND 165W...AND FROM 07N TO 11N WEST OF 169W.  HIGH 
LEVEL CIRRUS CLOUDS...DEBRIS FROM THE THUNDERSTORMS FIRING FAR 
SOUTHWEST OF HAWAII...ARE BEING CARRIED TOWARD THE ISLANDS BY UPPER 
ATMOSPHERIC SOUTHWESTERLY WINDS.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.