Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 09:53:56 -0500

850 
ATPQ40 PGUM 091453
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST FRI SEP 10 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

AN UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH STRETCHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N175E THROUGH A 
LOW CENTERED NORTH OF YAP AT 14N137E TO END AT 8N130E. UPPER-LEVEL 
DIVERGENCE ASSOCIATED WITH THESE FEATURES IS GENERATING WIDELY 
SCATTERED TO SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS NORTH OF 
KOROR AND YAP WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 12N130E TO 
11N141E TO 5N130E BACK TO 12N130E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND NORTHEAST OF WAKE ISLAND WITHIN 60 MILES OF 
A LINE FROM 25N171E TO 22N175E.

A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD OVER THE MARSHALL ISLANDS 
FROM 14N175E TO 5N169E. CONVERGING WINDS NEAR THE TROUGH ARE 
PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS OVER MAJURO 
BETWEEN 13N AND 7N FROM 166E TO THE DATE LINE.  

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS TRIGGERING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS SOUTHWEST OF CHUUK BETWEEN 10N AND 4N FROM 140E TO 
150E AS WELL AS OVER POHNPEI BETWEEN 8N AND 4N FROM 153E TO 161E.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.