Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 13:30:12 -0500

129 
ATHW40 PHFO 091830
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC THU SEP 09 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC SEPTEMBER 09 2010

HIGH PRESSURE FAR NORTH OF THE AREA IS PRODUCING TRADE WINDS ACROSS 
THE CENTRAL PACIFIC. TRADE WINDS ARE PUSHING LOW CLOUDS FROM EAST TO 
WEST WITHIN THE 10 TO 20 MPH RANGE. FROM 140 TO 160W...THE MAJORITY 
OF LOW CLOUDS ARE BROKEN STRATUS AND STRATOCUMULUS /SC/ ...WHILE 
WEST OF 160W THE LOW CLOUDS TRANSITION TO SCATTERED SC AND CUMULUS. 

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS A 500-MILE WIDE BAND OF SCATTERED MID AND 
UPPER LEVEL CIRRUS LOCATED JUST WEST OF KAUAI. THIS BAND EMANATES 
OUT OF THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE /ITCZ/ IN THE DEEP TROPICS 
AND THE CLOUDS ARE MOVING NE BETWEEN 50 AND 90 MPH. THE STRONGER 
UPPER LEVEL WINDS AND CLOUDS ARE BEING PRODUCED BY AN UPPER LEVEL 
LOW CENTERED NEAR 25N 178W. THIS LOW HAS REMAINED STATIONARY OVER 
THE PAST 6 HOURS. 

A WEAK DISTURBANCE LOCATED ABOUT 700 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND IS TRIGGERING AN AREA OF ISOLATED TO SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS 
WITH TOPS NEAR 45000 FEET. ISOLATED TO SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
ALSO FOUND WITHIN THE ITCZ FROM 163W TO POINTS WEST. 

OVER THE ISLANDS...TRADE WINDS HAVE BUILT UP LOW CLOUDS OVER 
WINDWARD AND MOUNTAIN AREAS. LEEWARD LOCATIONS REMAIN MOSTLY CLEAR 
WITH SOME SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS BLOWING OVER THE SMALLER MOUNTAIN 
RANGES. CLOUDS OVER THE COASTAL WATERS ARE SCATTERED TO BROKEN ON 
THE WINDWARD SIDE...AND MOSTLY CLEAR TO SCATTERED ON THE LEEWARD 
SIDE. 

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.