Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 13:44:05 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 091830
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/091830Z-100600ZSEP2010//
REF/A/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/091351ZSEP2010//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 091200Z, TYPHOON 11W (MERANTI) WAS LOCATED NEAR 23.2N
118.9E, APPROXIMATELY 180 NM SOUTHWEST OF TAIPEI TAIWAN, AND HAD
TRACKED NORTH-NORTHWESTWARD AT 10 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 65 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 80 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPN31 PGTW 091500) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION (REMNANTS OF TS 10W) HAS PERSISTED
NEAR 34.2N 145.5E, APPROXIMATELY 300 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF TOKYO,
JAPAN. INFRARED SATELLITE IMAGERY REVEALS THE REMNANTS OF TS 10W
(MALOU) HAVE TRACKED SOUTHEASTWARD INTO THE NORTHERN PACIFIC AS 25
TO 35 KNOT LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION. HOWEVER, THE SYSTEM IS NOT
TROPICAL AND STILL APPEARS TO BE PART OF THE BAROCLINIC ZONE.
MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1000 MB.
NUMERICAL MODEL GUIDANCE IS IN GOOD AGREEMENT AND INDICATES THE
SYSTEM WILL CONTINUE TO TRACK EASTWARD AS AN EXTRA-TROPICAL
CYCLONE. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED AREA IN PARA 1.B.1 (REMNANTS OF
TS 10W) AS POOR.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.