Subject: Pacific-NW: 1. Tropical Storm 11w (meranti) Warning Nr 009

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 20:56:06 -0500

WTPN31 PGTW 100300
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING//
RMKS/
1. TROPICAL STORM 11W (MERANTI) WARNING NR 009
   DOWNGRADED FROM TYPHOON 11W
   01 ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE IN NORTHWESTPAC
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS BASED ON ONE-MINUTE AVERAGE
   WIND RADII VALID OVER OPEN WATER ONLY
    ---
   WARNING POSITION:
   100000Z --- NEAR 25.7N 118.6E
     MOVEMENT PAST SIX HOURS - 355 DEGREES AT 14 KTS
     POSITION ACCURATE TO WITHIN 060 NM
     POSITION BASED ON CENTER LOCATED BY SATELLITE
   PRESENT WIND DISTRIBUTION:
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 050 KT, GUSTS 065 KT
   WIND RADII VALID OVER OPEN WATER ONLY
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
   REPEAT POSIT: 25.7N 118.6E
    ---
   FORECASTS:
   12 HRS, VALID AT:
   101200Z --- 28.3N 118.8E
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 035 KT, GUSTS 045 KT
   WIND RADII VALID OVER OPEN WATER ONLY
   DISSIPATING AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
   VECTOR TO 24 HR POSIT: 015 DEG/ 10 KTS
    ---
   24 HRS, VALID AT:
   110000Z --- 30.3N 119.4E
   MAX SUSTAINED WINDS - 020 KT, GUSTS 030 KT
   WIND RADII VALID OVER OPEN WATER ONLY
   DISSIPATED AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE OVER LAND
    ---
REMARKS:
100300Z POSITION NEAR 26.3N 118.7E.
TROPICAL STORM (TS) 11W (MERANTI), LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 365 NM
SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF SHANGHAI, CHINA, HAS TRACKED NORTHWARD AT 14
KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. A RADAR LOOP FROM TAIWAN AND ANIMATED
MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY (MSI) INDICATE TS 11W MADE LANDFALL
NEAR QUANZHOU, CHINA AROUND 09/21Z. THERE IS FAIR CONFIDENCE IN THE
CURRENT POSITION AND PAST SIX HOUR MOTION BASED ON MSI. THE CURRENT
INTENSITY IS BASED ON THE OVERALL WEAKENING CONVECTIVE SIGNATURE IN
A 092319Z AMSU MICROWAVE PASS AND IN THE TAIWAN RADAR LOOP. TS 11W
IS CURRENTLY TRACKING ALONG THE WESTERN EXTENT OF THE SUBTROPICAL
RIDGE STATIONED SOUTH OF JAPAN. THE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE
TRACKING POLEWARD AS IT RAPIDLY DISSIPATES AS A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL
CYCLONE NEAR TAU 24, DUE TO INTERACTION WITH RUGGED TERRAIN ALONG
THE EASTERN COAST OF CHINA. THERE IS A SLIGHT CHANCE, THE SYSTEM MAY
TRACK NORTH OF SHANGHAI CHINA, AND REDEVELOP IN THE YELLOW SEA AS A
BAROCLINIC SYSTEM. NUMERICAL MODEL GUIDANCE IS IN GOOD AGREEMENT;
THEREFORE THIS FORECAST IS CLOSE TO MODEL CONSENSUS. THIS IS THE
FINAL WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM BY THE JOINT TYPHOON WARNING CENTER
(NAVMARFCSTCEN). THE SYSTEM WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED FOR SIGNS OF
REGENERATION. MAXIMUM SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT AT 100000Z IS 12
FEET.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.