Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 22:20:27 -0500

541 
ATPQ40 PGUM 100320
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST FRI SEP 10 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

AN UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH STRETCHES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 25N180 THROUGH 
AN UPPER LOW CENTERED NORTH OF KOROR AT 13N133E TO END AT 11N130E. 
CONVERGENT LOWER-LEVEL WINDS AND UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE ASSOCIATED 
WITH THESE FEATURES IS GENERATING WIDELY SCATTERED TO SCATTERED 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS NORTHWEST OF KOROR AND YAP WITHIN 
180 MILES OF A LINE FROM 9N130E TO 17N141E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE ALSO FOUND NORTHEAST OF WAKE ISLAND 
WITHIN 40 MILES OF A LINE FROM 22N167E TO 23N175E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS SOUTH OF GUAM  
BETWEEN 5N AND 9N FROM 140E TO 145E... AND BETWEEN 8N AND 12N FROM 
146E TO 150E. 

A SURFACE TROUGH EAST OF CHUUK EXTENDS FROM 9N156E TO SOUTHWEST OF 
CHUUK AT 4N150E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
FOUND JUST EAST OF CHUUK WITHIN 150 MILES OF THE TROUGH AXIS.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS ALSO PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A 
FEW THUNDERSTORMS AROUND MAJURO AND KWAJALEIN BETWEEN 6N AND 15N 
FROM 167E TO BEYOND THE DATELINE.  

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.