Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 00:29:43 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 100600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/100600Z-110600ZSEP2010//
REF/A/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/100151ZSEP2010//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 100000Z, TROPICAL STORM 11W (MERANTI) WAS LOCATED NEAR
25.7N 118.6E, APPROXIMATELY 365 NM SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF SHANGHAI
CHINA, AND HAD TRACKED NORTHWARD AT 14 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX
HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 50 KNOTS
GUSTING TO 65 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPN31 PGTW 100300) FOR THE FINAL
WARNING ON THIS SYSTEM.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 34.2N
145.5E, IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 34.0N 147.0E, APPROXIMATELY 370 NM EAST-
SOUTHEAST OF TOKYO, JAPAN. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY
SHOWS A FRONTAL, FULLY EXPOSED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC),
WHICH IS THE REMNANTS OF TS 10W (MALOU). A RECENT 092345Z ASCAT PASS
DEPICTS AN ELONGATED LLCC WITH 25 TO 30 KNOT WINDS ON THE
SOUTHEASTERN PERIPHERY. THE SYSTEM IS NOT TROPICAL AND STILL APPEARS
TO BE PART OF THE BAROCLINIC ZONE. NUMERICAL MODEL GUIDANCE IS IN
GOOD AGREEMENT AND INDICATES THE SYSTEM WILL CONTINUE TO TRACK
EASTWARD AS AN EXTRA-TROPICAL CYCLONE. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE
WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 25 TO 30 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1000 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.