Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 00:30:31 -0500

269 
ATHW40 PHFO 100530
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC FRI SEP 10 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC SEPTEMBER 10 2010

AN UPPER TROUGH NEAR THE DATELINE AND AN UPPER LEVEL JET TO THE 
SOUTH AND SOUTHEAST OF THE TROUGH IS LIFTING COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF 
HIGH LEVEL MOISTURE NORTH AND NORTHEAST ACROSS MUCH OF THE CENTRAL 
PACIFIC REGION. INFRARED AND WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS THESE 
LAYERED HIGH CLOUDS STRETCHING FROM 160W TO THE DATELINE SOUTH OF 
18N AND LIFTING NORTHEAST ACROSS THE HAWAIIAN ISLAND CHAIN FROM 
MAUI WEST TO KAUAI AND CONTINUING TO NIHOA.  UPPER LEVEL RIDGING 
DOMINATES THE AREA EAST OF 150W. 

SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUE TO DEVELOP NEAR THE DATELINE 
TROUGH BETWEEN 22N AND 28N WEST OF 175W. HIGHEST CLOUD TOPS ARE 
NEAR 40000 FEET AND THE THUNDERSTORMS ARE MOVING WEST NORTHWEST AT 
15 MPH. ADDITIONAL ISOLATED TO SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE NEAR A 
LOW PRESSURE LOCATED ABOUT 600 MILES SOUTH SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND. THESE STORMS ARE MOVING WEST AT ABOUT 15 MPH WITH TOPS NEAR 
50000 FEET. MORE SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE EMBEDDED WITHIN THE 
HIGH LAYERED CLOUDINESS ALONG 10N TO 12N...WEST OF 165W.  
ELSEWHERE...LOW TOPPED STRATOCUMULUS ARE PRESENT IN BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST DECKS BETWEEN 200 AND 1000 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN CHAIN.

OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER 
THE WINDWARD SLOPES COAST AND COASTAL WATERS OF ALL ISLANDS...AS 
WELL AS ALONG THE KONA COAST AND SLOPES OF THE BIG ISLAND FROM NEAR 
WAIKALOA SOUTH TO NEAR SOUTH POINT. THE PASSING HIGH CLOUDS ARE 
OBSCURING LOW CLOUD DETAILS ELSEWHERE OVER THE ISLANDS. LOW CLOUD 
MOVEMENT IS TOWARDS THE WEST SOUTHWEST AT 15 TO 20 MPH...WHILE HIGH 
CLOUDS ARE RACING NORTHEAST AT ABOUT 50 MPH.

$$

BRENCHLEY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.