Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 07:18:21 -0500

203 
ATHW40 PHFO 101218
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC FRI SEP 10 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC SEPTEMBER 10 2010

A BROAD UPPER TROUGH CENTERED JUST WEST OF THE DATELINE NEAR 25N 
AND AN UPPER LEVEL JET TO THE SOUTH AND SOUTHEAST OF THE TROUGH IS 
LIFTING HIGH LEVEL MOISTURE NORTH AND NORTHEAST ACROSS MUCH OF THE 
CENTRAL PACIFIC REGION. INFRARED AND WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS 
THESE LAYERED HIGH CLOUDS STRETCHING FROM 160W TO THE DATELINE SOUTH 
OF 18N AND LIFTING NORTHEAST ACROSS THE HAWAIIAN ISLAND CHAIN FROM 
MAUI WEST TO KAUAI AND CONTINUING TO NIHOA.  UPPER LEVEL RIDGING 
DOMINATES THE AREA EAST OF 150W. 

SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUE TO DEVELOP NEAR THE DATELINE 
TROUGH BETWEEN 24N AND 27N WEST OF 175W. HIGHEST CLOUD TOPS ARE 
NEAR 40000 FEET AND THE THUNDERSTORMS ARE MOVING WEST NORTHWEST AT 
15 MPH. ADDITIONAL ISOLATED TO SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE NEAR A 
LOW PRESSURE LOCATED ABOUT 650 MILES SOUTH SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND. THESE STORMS ARE MOVING WEST AT 10 TO 15 MPH WITH TOPS NEAR 
50000 FEET. MORE SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE EMBEDDED WITHIN THE 
HIGH LAYERED CLOUDINESS ALONG 10N TO 12N...WEST OF 165W.  
ELSEWHERE...LOW TOPPED STRATOCUMULUS ARE PRESENT IN BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST DECKS BETWEEN THE WINDWARD SIDE OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS TO 
OVER 1000 MILES TO THE NORTHEAST.

OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS...BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER 
THE WINDWARD MOUNTAIN SLOPES...WINDWARD COAST AND ADJACENT COASTAL 
WATERS OF ALL ISLANDS...AS WELL AS ALONG THE KONA COAST AND SLOPES 
OF THE BIG ISLAND FROM NEAR KEAHOLE POINT SOUTHWARD TO NEAR SOUTH 
POINT. THE PASSING HIGH CLOUDS ARE OBSCURING LOW CLOUD DETAILS 
ELSEWHERE OVER THE ISLANDS. LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS TOWARDS THE WEST 
SOUTHWEST AT 15 TO 20 MPH...WHILE HIGH CLOUDS ARE RACING NORTHEAST 
AT ROUGHLY 40 MPH.

$$

BRENCHLEY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.