Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 10:06:03 -0500

851 
ATPQ40 PGUM 101505
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST SAT SEP 11 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

AN UPPER-LEVEL TROUGH STRETCHES WESTWARD FROM AN UPPER LOW CENTERED 
NEAR 23N176E TO 22N138E...THEN TURNS SOUTHWESTWARD TO END NEAR 
ANOTHER LOW CENTERED AT 16N130E. UPPER-LEVEL DIVERGENCE SOUTH OF THE 
TROUGH AXIS IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS WEST OF THE MARIANAS WITHIN AN AREA ENCLOSED BY A LINE 
FROM 10N135E TO 18N136E TO 18N144E TO 13N144E BACK TO 10N135E...AS 
WELL AS EAST OF THE MARIANAS BETWEEN 18N AND 15N FROM 150E TO 157E. 
FARTHER EAST...SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE 
FOUND JUST NORTHEAST OF WAKE ISLAND WITHIN 70 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
20N166E TO 22N172E.

A WEAK TROPICAL DISTURBANCE IS CENTERED JUST SOUTHWEST OF CHUUK NEAR 
7N149E. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND OVER 
CHUUK BETWEEN 12N AND 4N FROM 151E TO 158E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS OVER MAJURO WITHIN 120 MILES OF A LINE CURVING FROM 
14N169E TO 7N173E TO 7N180.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.