Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 13:30:36 -0500

863 
ATHW40 PHFO 101830
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC FRI SEP 10 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC SEPTEMBER 10 2010

A BROAD UPPER TROUGH CONNECTING AN UPPER LOW NEAR 25N 177E AND 
ANOTHER ONE NEAR 39N 152W REMAINS STATIONARY WEST OF THE ISLANDS. 
THE SOUTHWESTERLY UPPER WIND FLOW EAST OF THE TROUGH WAS CARRYING 
FRAGMENTS OF CIRRUS CLOUDS NORTHEASTWARD.  THESE HIGH CLOUDS WERE 
MAINLY LOCATED WITHIN A NEARLY 300 MILES WIDE SWATH CENTERED 
BETWEEN 16N 170W AND 26N 158W.  THE THICKEST CIRRUS WAS LOCATED 
JUST WEST OF KAUAI.  ONLY A FEW FAIRLY THIN STRANDS ALONG THE EAST 
EDGE OF THE SWATH WERE INTERMITTENTLY PASSING OVER THE STATE. 

IN THE LOWER LEVELS OF THE ATMOSPHERE...LIGHT TO MODERATE TRADE 
WINDS WERE CARRYING NUMEROUS SMALL CLUSTERS OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
LOW CLOUDS THROUGH THE REGION.  THESE LOW CLOUDS WERE COMMON FROM 
150W TO 170W...BETWEEN 20N AND 30N.  EAST OF 150W...THE LOW CLOUDS 
WERE EVEN MORE NUMEROUS AND CLOSELY BUNCHED TOGETHER BUT AT THE SAME 
TIME...THEY WERE MORE STABLE.

AT 8 AM...MOSTLY CLOUDY SKIES WERE NOTED AROUND THE EASTERNMOST 
PARTS OF THE BIG ISLAND...AND ALONG THE WINDWARD SIDES OF MAUI...
EAST MOLOKAI AND MOST OF OAHU.  KAUAI AND MOST ELSEWHERE ON THE BIG 
ISLAND HAD MOSTLY SUNNY SKIES.  BUT MORE CLOUDS WERE HEADED IN FROM 
THE EAST TOWARD THE ISLANDS.  THE LOW CLOUDS NEAR THE STATE WERE 
MOVING WEST NEAR 15 MILES AN HOUR. 

SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ALONG THE ITCZ WERE MAINLY FORMING BETWEEN 
07N AND 12N FROM 150W TO THE DATELINE. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.