Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 16:53:39 -0500

091 
FZPN40 PHFO 102153
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC FRI SEP 10 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SEP 10 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 11 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SEP 12 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 10N154W 1010 MB MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
120 NM OF LOW. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 TO 11 FT WITHIN 180 NM N 
QUADRANT OF LOW.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 10N157W 1009 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 
TO 11 FT WITHIN 180 NM N QUADRANT OF LOW.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N159W 1010 MB. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT WITHIN 120 NM N QUADRANT OF LOW.

.TROUGH FROM 29N175E TO 18N167E MOVING W 10 KT. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF TROUGH S OF 22N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN 
AREA FROM 23N TO 27N BETWEEN 174E AND 178E. 

.WEAK TROUGH FROM 30N157W TO 24N160W MOVING W SLOWLY. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N149W TO 28N153W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N166E TO 28N160E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS AND SEAS 8 FT OF LESS OVER REMAINDER OF 
FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 09N150W AND FROM 09N157W TO 08N160W TO 09N175E 
TO 10N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ E OF 170W 
AND WITHIN 240 NM N AND 90 NM S OF ITCZ W OF 170W.

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.