Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 19:30:17 -0500

193 
ATHW40 PHFO 110030
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SAT SEP 11 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC SEPTEMBER 11 2010

A BROAD UPPER TROUGH NORTHWEST OF THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS REMAINS 
NEARLY STATIONARY. THE TROUGH AXIS IS CONNECTED TO UPPER LOWS NEAR 
38N 150W...32N 166W AND 25N 176E.  THE SOUTHWESTERLY UPPER WIND FLOW 
EAST OF THE TROUGH WAS CARRYING FRAGMENTS OF CIRRUS CLOUDS 
NORTHEASTWARD.  THESE HIGH CLOUDS WERE MAINLY LOCATED WITHIN A 
NEARLY 250 MILES WIDE SWATH CENTERED ALONG A LINE FROM 17N 180E TO 
18N 167W TO 29N 155W.  A FEW SMALL STRANDS ALONG THE EAST 
EDGE OF THE SWATH WERE INTERMITTENTLY PASSING OVER KAUAI.  

LIGHT TO MODERATE TRADE WINDS CONTINUED TO SWEEP OCCASIONAL CLUSTERS 
OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS THROUGH THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS AREA.  A 
SMATTERING OF PATCHY SCATTERED LOW CLOUDS WERE ALSO INTERMINGLED 
BETWEEN THE CLUSTERS.  ONE CLUSTER WAS CURRENTLY MOVING ACROSS 
KAUAI WHILE EXITING OAHU.  AND ANOTHER NORTH TO SOUTH ALIGNED 
CLUSTER WAS JUST ABOUT TO REACH THE BIG ISLAND.  THESE LOW CLOUDS 
NEAR THE ISLANDS WERE MOVING WEST NEAR 20 MILES AN HOUR THIS 
AFTERNOON.  

WIDELY SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ALONG THE ITCZ WERE MAINLY WITHIN A 
200 MILES WIDE CORRIDOR CENTERED FROM 11N 178W TO 07N 160W TO 11N 
154W.  A WEAK LOW PRESSURE CIRCULATION WAS NOTED NEAR 10N 155W... 
OR ABOUT 600 MILES SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND.  THUNDERSTORMS 
SURROUNDING THIS LOW LEVEL FEATURE REMAINED UNORGANIZED.  IT WAS 
MOVING WEST NEAR 20 MILES AN HOUR.  

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.